Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know
02-04-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 04:28 AM by phineas94.)
RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know
(02-04-2013 04:14 AM)Gfich Wrote:  ^Yes, but he was doubting the need for it.

No doubt, merely being polite and asking Coolio if he deemed them necessary as the thread poster. As a newcomer I know it took me a while to start reading the "fora" fluently. Although shouldn't it be a plural of thread rather than forum? Wink
Also there was a recent post about nerf, buff etc. They had me confused for a while Smile

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Sweetie Plains is really just SP, not SWP. I haven't seen too many of the other ones going around (like Glitch-> GLI) but it would be useful to use them! Thanks for this.

Also, add that OP also means the user who posted the thread, because it is definitely going to confuse people.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
02-04-2013, 04:31 AM
(02-04-2013 04:29 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Sweetie Plains is really just SP, not SWP. I haven't seen too many of the other ones going around (like Glitch-> GLI) but it would be useful to use them! Thanks for this.

Also, add that OP also means the user who posted the thread, because it is definitely going to confuse people.

User that posted the thread? Ive never seen it used that way before... does it stand for something?

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
02-04-2013, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 04:34 AM by phineas94.)
(02-04-2013 04:29 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Also, add that OP also means the user who posted the thread, because it is definitely going to confuse people.

Hehe. Thanks daHsu, i've definitely skimmed over that one a few times. would have saved me some writing if I'd known it last post
original poster?

Everything Changes
02-04-2013, 04:52 AM
(02-04-2013 04:31 AM)Coolio Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 04:29 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Sweetie Plains is really just SP, not SWP. I haven't seen too many of the other ones going around (like Glitch-> GLI) but it would be useful to use them! Thanks for this.

User that posted the thread? Ive never seen it used that way before... does it stand for something?

Yes, it stands for Original Poster

iPro Clan
02-04-2013, 04:53 AM
How about adding definitions for nerf & buff?

Live your life as more than plastic.
02-04-2013, 04:55 AM
Good post Smile
Woulda helped me a bit if I had known this earlier, I was like wtheck is SFI Tongue
02-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Candy Core Mine-CCM
Blitz Beach- BB
Machination- Mach
Acrospire- Acro? (Idk about this one)

iPro Clan
02-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Coolio,

This is an awesome post! Thanks for putting it together. It would have saved me a lot of time when i first started visiting the forum, and I'm sure it help many new players. I have no doubt it will be stickied soon.

A few suggestions:
- in the forum bug explanation, I would also include an brief explanation for the infamous "bump"
- include nerf & buff as it has been suggested, plus boost
- add HP and xHP as in 4HP soldier
- add turtling
- in the 20Q link, I would add that it's a forum game. At first I thought it was some sort of FAQ
- include a list of useful links that discuss game strategy. My suggestions:
* read through Tips for New Players
* Outwitters math Paths of Attack - an intro to Outwitters math
* read through and watch replays of Super-Titans Super-Titan Replay Discussion
* read through and watch replays of other players asking for advice Need advice? Post your replay!
* others?

- not sure if it's the scope, but maybe include a bit of the forum etiquette? Eg only post in the super-Titan thread if the game involves a super Titan player; when seeking advice, post to the thread mentioned above instead of creating a new thread, etc

- suggest that if players want to keep track of their whole progress, that they save the link to every game after it's finished (either on email/notepad or by posting on OSN)

- explain how to post links to replays as appropriate hyperlinks
02-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I suggest we should standarize map abbreviations in 2/3 letters, Perhaps LN for Long Nine, MCH/MAC for Machination, and ACR for Acrospire?