Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Yeah, I know I suck
02-04-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: Yeah, I know I suck
I've got tonnes of skill packs just send your money to Account 7364528 sort code 234899 and I'll ship them right over ...first class Smile

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 05:08 AM
(02-04-2013 04:59 AM)Jakeyboy20 Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 04:26 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  Wow.
You guys are being really nice to someone whose post was simultaneously whiny, self-aggrandizing, deluded, and just jerky.

Kudos to you all. You're gentler people than I.

Well everyone gets frustrated with the game at times and has to let it out and like ryzuma said, being mean to him wouldn't help one bit it'd just make it worse

Additionally, the game relies on having people at all skill levels...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks fellers. Look, I appreciate the nods and help, but even lurking in this forum hasn't sprouted really any new tactics I haven't already tried in my play. One of these days. Oh and Ja? Whiskey and the internet makes one type the funniest things. Friendly me people and we'll see how bad I really am.

GC: wagnerock
Open for friendlies anytime.
02-04-2013, 05:48 AM
(02-04-2013 05:41 AM)wagnarock Wrote:  Thanks fellers. Look, I appreciate the nods and help, but even lurking in this forum hasn't sprouted really any new tactics I haven't already tried in my play. One of these days. Oh and Ja? Whiskey and the internet makes one type the funniest things. Friendly me people and we'll see how bad I really am.

I'm sorry but if you have that kind of attitude you'll never improve

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah really. When I started in Fluffy, I got to Clever 3 separate times and was demoted each time. I never quit so look at me now.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-04-2013, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 06:00 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(02-04-2013 05:54 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Yeah really. When I started in Fluffy, I got to Clever 3 separate times and was demoted each time. I never quit so look at me now.

perfect example. I'll catch up to you GoHeat!
this is a post i made in our clan forum for a member asking for advice. i hope it helps!

(01-03-2013 03:02 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  hmm.. think before you move.
-review replay. (never skip the replay)
-plan how you spend your wits before moving
-as much as possible keep track of all enemy units and their positions. and the number of wits they have.
-position your units well.
-when planning a move, take into account what your opponent is able to do.
(check which of his units can reach yours, what can he do with his units that can reach yours, what can he do with his units that cant reach yours,
does the opponent have a special unit, where is the special unit positioned, what can it do in its current position, should i kill his special unit, what can your opponent spawn, what can the newly spawned unit do. what can your opponent do with his current wit count, can he block your attack with units - these are just some of the guide questions you can ask yourself when making a plan.)
-dont forget to include +1 wit kill in your calculations!
-if you have a game with alvendor, surrender as soon as possible. hahaha jk Tongue

to be honest, i think doing this in every game is a bit stressful. i no longer enjoy playing when i do this.
i usually only play this way on occasions that i really want to win. like when i have a long winning streaks.
but there are times when im really up for playing and doing these doesnt come with much effort. (but this only happens very occasionally)

if you follow these youre bound to put up a decent fight no matter who youre up against. but i think experience is still the best teacher. your strategies will come as you play more games Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-04-2013, 08:57 AM
(02-04-2013 05:41 AM)wagnarock Wrote:  Thanks fellers. Look, I appreciate the nods and help, but even lurking in this forum hasn't sprouted really any new tactics I haven't already tried in my play. One of these days. Oh and Ja? Whiskey and the internet makes one type the funniest things. Friendly me people and we'll see how bad I really am.

You can't rely on a tactic right away. You must adjust as the game progresses Smile
02-04-2013, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 03:34 AM by Ja Karta.)
(02-04-2013 05:41 AM)JakeyBoy20, Connors, et al Wrote:  *positive things*
Points well taken. To be clear though, there was no sarcasm when I said "kudos". I'm actually really impressed by the spirit and culture of this community from what I've seen. Smile

(02-04-2013 05:41 AM)wagnarock Wrote:  Oh and Ja? Whiskey and the internet makes one type the funniest things. Friendly me people and we'll see how bad I really am.
Hopefully(?), that's the whiskey talking again. I never said you were "bad". I said you were "deluded". You can be deluded at any level of play. ; )

I'll do a friendly with you though. I make no pretense of being good at this game though; I've been playing for less than 2 weeks and my league opponents are all Clever/Gifted as well. All the better if you can best me; beating up on people is much less likely to be instructive. Smile

[I may forget to send you a friendly invite, feel free to send me one as well. That applies to anyone actually. Smile Same name in-game as in the forums.]

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Stick with what you know and improve upon it. Look over replays which you have lost and find why. Did your opponent do something sneaky which you were unaware of? Now you know. Look at other replays, OSN has a great bank of replays nicely categorised for your pleasure. If you are going to do something a bit more risky, try it out in friendly matches. Such things like trying new teams etc.
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
To quote the hat I saw at 7-11 this morning, "keep on truckin'!"

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]