Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matching system works bad for top players
02-04-2013, 04:45 AM
RE: Matching system works bad for top players
(02-02-2013 02:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  That's not how the system works!

How it works: For the first 2 days, it searches for people who are within your rating range.
After that, it immediately searches for all people. There is no gradual increase of the rating range. So you are just as likely to be matched up with a clever/fluffy after 2 days as you are to be matched up with burnodrod.

What do you mean for the first two days? Does it not match you up in minutes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 05:26 AM
yeah they dont get paired with anyone for the first two days

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Did the system get changed? My games today have started pairing me with unranked players after only 12 hours of waiting...
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
(02-03-2013 08:57 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  Possibly this range needs to be increased for top players?

Today I earned 1 point for winning a game vs. an unranked player. That's stupid Smile
What if currently there's no players at all who match the hidden rating of Poweewee to play with him? Or with me?

I think, that the system has to match players not within a hidden rating range, but within a players rank. For example, player#X can be matched within a range from player#X-10 to player#X+10.

I have taken 10 for example, real range can be much wider. I played a few friendly games with my clan members and lost some of them to STs and even masters! I don't see a reason why don't I play league matches with them, but wait for 2 days to play with fluffies.
02-04-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 10:37 AM by GoHeat 3.)
Plus I'm sure Fluffies don't enjoy getting crushed! Aww, poor Fluffies...D:
I will say though, since I've been playing I've never been matched up with someone way above/below me.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
How easily can you crush us?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
(02-04-2013 11:00 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  How easily can you crush us?

Nonono I didn't mean it like that!'^_^
I'm just saying I wouldn't enjoy facing people who aren't very evenly matched against me.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Maybe if you dont get matched with someone within your range, you should be matched with a random person within the same league?
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
That sucks...It should be fixed so that you try to match up with someone in your skill range. If you can't it should default to top 25, then top 50 and so on. Something along those lines.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
(02-04-2013 10:21 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 08:57 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  Possibly this range needs to be increased for top players?

Today I earned 1 point for winning a game vs. an unranked player. That's stupid Smile
What if currently there's no players at all who match the hidden rating of Poweewee to play with him? Or with me?

I think, that the system has to match players not within a hidden rating range, but within a players rank. For example, player#X can be matched within a range from player#X-10 to player#X+10.

I have taken 10 for example, real range can be much wider. I played a few friendly games with my clan members and lost some of them to STs and even masters! I don't see a reason why don't I play league matches with them, but wait for 2 days to play with fluffies.

Not knowing what the point spread is in the hidden rating or the difference between players scores, i agree, using rank is a much simpler/cleaner way of matching you up with opponents. I know I have always had a buzz of excitement when matched up with a higher ranked player so as long as using such a system doesn't always place me with Masters and throws in the odd ST ( and conversely the odd Gifted is quite interesting - just to see if you really are living up to your rank. Although, on my day, I'm pretty sure I could lose to anyone Confused ) I'd be a happy bunny.

Everything Changes