Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matching system works bad for top players
02-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Matching system works bad for top players
About last couple of weeks I don't match with players I should be matched with.
I always see "waiting for more..." status for 1 or 2 days and then get clever or gifted player in the game. Here's an example of such game. I'm sorry, guys, but that's not my fault Smile

I know, that players from top-20 have games opened (I talked to Poweewee and Mastercaster). But when I start a new one I'm the 1st player and it's always "waiting for more..."

Poweewee is frustrating too. The only chance for him to play with me is a friendly game:

[Image: p1.PNG]

[Image: p2.PNG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Matching system works bad for top players
Not a top player but currently in masters and consistently get matched against players +|- 50 positions from mine in the top200. Had one match against an unranked player in the last 50 played. So it seems to be working as you'd think down here.
02-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Same w us in 2v2, its more annoying than anything else

iPro Clan
02-01-2013, 06:06 AM
its not only at the top. whenever i start P1 games it takes 2 days for someone to get paired with me and when it does i get someone from the lower leagues

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-01-2013, 08:07 AM
I know it shouldn't but could it be a geographic glitch? I'm based in the uk
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm in and out of the top 200, usually takes 2 days for games to be matched but I'm getting matched with top 200/high ranked masters - so other than the delay its working for me. But it's been a while since I've been p2 in any league games...

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-02-2013, 01:20 AM
That's interesting. In the time I've gone from 165 to 44 I've never had to wait for more than a few minutes to match with someone. I'm P2 a majority of the time, but even when I'm P1 someone will join fairly quickly.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
So burnodrod, you posted it? LOL I know that joelduque isn't playing much right now because he is studying for board exams, and terence and alvendor havent been playing a lot of 1v1, but I always thought that there must be someone there in the top 10 (or top 20) who was playing a lot of games.

I haven't played P2 in a while now, which means that I haven't been matched to anyone, which is weird since as burnodrod mentioned, he also has open games. I don't see the reason why I am not matched with him.

Of course I'm not really complaining, since with this system, it is easier to hold on to #1, but of course I am more than willing to be challenged by these other top players Smile
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
poweewee, you're not matched with him because the rating gap between you two is still large.
02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes that is true, but the rating gap between me and any clever of fluffy should be even larger. So burnodrod should have a higher chance of being matched against me than the clevers