Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
Bug Report Thread
07-09-2012, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:47 AM by Szei.)
RE: Bug Report Thread
So the game was about midway through and we eventually went on to finish it.

I've never changed my GC name and the game was a friendly so in my case my league isn't relevant (apparently this error isn't tied to league). If it matters though, at the time I hadn't finished any league 1v1s and Casey was Masters 1v1.

Now for what is probably the important part. The app had been crashing quite a few times as I tried to enter the game to make my move. I kept on re-opening the app and starting the game but it would just crash again. Unfortunately I can't quite remember but I *believe I completely exited the app.* At any rate when I was finally able to get the app to stop crashing there was the extra pass&play copy of our friendly game.

I didn't do anything special in game though before the crashes. I think the servers were just having problems or my connection was bad or something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I recently won a game against my friend (through game center), but before it declared me the winner, it gave me an error message saying something about giving it one last shot or something, before crashing. I then restarted the app, and it worked fine, old me I had won the game, and moved to the bottom once tapped. I thought all was fine until notifications started popping up fairly frequently, telling me it was my turn with that player, but when investigated, showed a replay of the last turn and then proceeded as normal. All other notifications seemed to have stopped.
07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I now keep getting notifications while the game doesn't show any change. Notification informs me of my turn, but when I open the app it shows it as their turn still. Refreshing and restarting do not change this. Happened twice today. Once it came through eventually.
07-09-2012, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 01:16 PM by solesider.)
1. Win game, get a quirky error message with something along the lines of try again - no credit for win.
2. 10 minutes later get a notification that person I beat has played and I get to watch me beat them again...still no credit.
3. I try start a new game, app crashes
4. I start a new game, I watch the moves the player before me made, I make my moves, I click done, app crashes. I go back into app and it shows a an invite by that player into a match. If I click on the game the app crashes. I delete the app from the memory of my phone, I restart my phone,there is no way I'm getting into that game without the app crashing.
5. #1 has absolutely killed me today. 6 wins that didn't get credit. If I was a violent man, stuff woulda gotten broken.
6. No active games games message showing when I have 17 inactive games because of the liberal 7 day afk setting and my 2 active games.
7. This game is the best game on iOS and it's only been out for a few days. The devs should be extremely proud. And I am extremely grateful. I hope they understand that the reason that I'm bitching is because I love the game so much that I want it perfect right now. Regardless of how stupid and impatient that is.
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:29 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
Fake (or old) notifications
I keep get notifications that it's my turn for a game, goto the game and it's showing me a replay from an earlier finished game or it's the other persons turn still.
It's disappointing lol Sad

I think this has to do with the user checking their games manually and playing them without the notifications.
07-09-2012, 02:09 PM
(07-09-2012 11:25 AM)RandyRespin Wrote:  I now keep getting notifications while the game doesn't show any change. Notification informs me of my turn, but when I open the app it shows it as their turn still. Refreshing and restarting do not change this. Happened twice today. Once it came through eventually.

Me too, but this might just be a DELAYED message from when it actually was your turn.
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem but ...
I've tried to open the app directly through the lockscreen, it would take me to the app, show that it was loading, then proceeds to crash.
This has happened several (5ish?) times, and is becoming a minor nuisance.
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
(07-09-2012 02:10 PM)YuPanger Wrote:  I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem but ...
I've tried to open the app directly through the lockscreen, it would take me to the app, show that it was loading, then proceeds to crash.
This has happened several (5ish?) times, and is becoming a minor nuisance.

Happens to anyone, you dont have to be on lock screen. Just kill your app on bottom and open it again.
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 03:58 PM by kyle6514.)
Ive been getting a bug where i am recieving repeated notifications for a game that i have already lost showing me the last move. also ive been getting repeated notifications saying it is my turn and my opponent has made theire move although the move has not yet been made
07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I have gotten a bug today with getting notifications that it was my turn after I already went, and I continued to receive that notification about 5 more times throughout the day.