Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
Bug Report Thread
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: Bug Report Thread
(07-07-2012 01:24 PM)ins0mniac Wrote:  1)!!spawn Blocking when enemy is on spawn point is very over powered!!
Given the rules of Outwitters, there is no way around it - there cannot be two units on the same hex. Also: you can prevent it.
(07-07-2012 01:24 PM)ins0mniac Wrote:  2) time limit on players that refuse to move when loosing
There is one: 7 days.
(07-07-2012 01:24 PM)ins0mniac Wrote:  4) ability to delete completed games
Once you tap the checkmark-button on a completed game, it will go to the bottom of the list where at most 5 recently finished games will be shown for you to watch their replays without fog of war.
(07-07-2012 01:24 PM)ins0mniac Wrote:  5)AI mode- ( with Game Center achievements…loved sarcastic achievements in TTL)
While I do agree on the witty achievements, an AI for Outwitters isn't something you can whip up in a matter of weeks. See here.
(07-07-2012 01:24 PM)ins0mniac Wrote:  8) Glitch where map orientation is reversed
All maps are mirror-inverted symmetrical and your position on the map and color are randomly determined, so I think that's not a glitch.
[/quote]

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
correct me if I am wrong. but this long nine map seems First turn advantage. then keep pushing with runner and waiting for other makes error and win. If not, then it will be a forever game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yw-UmDA
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I've purchased the uber pack on my iPad, but I can't start a game with anyone but Pirates on my iPhone. (I also changed my Game Center username after I started playing.)
07-07-2012, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 09:23 PM by Harti.)
(07-07-2012 07:22 PM)3333qwe Wrote:  correct me if I am wrong. but this long nine map seems First turn advantage. then keep pushing with runner and waiting for other makes error and win.

Firstly, if one loses a game because of a mistake, it's not FTA (merely an FTA-induced mistake).

Secondly, you're correct - Long Nine features some interesting openings that'll be hard to counter. I do not understand your turn 1 Soldier, however, so I think this is the point where you should have a brief look around the map with a Runner, then perhaps use your Sniper to your advantage.

But most importantly... in this particular case all of this could've been prevented. Why, for instance, didn't you just buff your Runners to 2 HP Runners if you already knew it'd be a forever tradeoff? Smile
Turn 6 was also really awkward. Rather use the Heavy to get rid of that Soldier. This is what lost you the game, in fact.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
The game screen kept showing up as empty until I forced the game to quit, and restarted. Oddly, even though the list was empty I was still getting notifications of my opponent having moved.
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Two more wins today where I got an error when the screen goes white after you win, and no points were awarded. Frustrating.
07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
(07-08-2012 01:08 AM)shadysmurf Wrote:  Two more wins today where I got an error when the screen goes white after you win, and no points were awarded. Frustrating.

I had this yesterday 3 times in a row. Alex is surely scrambling to get to the bottom of this.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
You can tap a piece to see its range, but this only works for the pieces of the player whose turn it isn't. So for example say you finish your turn and are waiting for your opponent to make their next move. You would assume you could tap one of your opponent's pieces to see that unit's movement range just like you can during your own turn. However, since it is their turn, it doesn't let you do this. Instead you can only click on your units to see their movement range. It's not a huge issue since you can just count for yourself, but it seems like a bug to me.

I'm not sure I explained that clearly so if it needs clarification just say so.
07-08-2012, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 05:45 AM by Morpheus42.)
This one isn't nearly as important, but I encountered it in my first series of chats today:

[Image: outwitters_chat_bug.png]
Talking from the past, eh? Is the Doctor with this girl?
07-08-2012, 07:30 AM
(07-07-2012 09:05 PM)stevewastaken Wrote:  I've purchased the uber pack on my iPad, but I can't start a game with anyone but Pirates on my iPhone. (I also changed my Game Center username after I started playing.)

Use the same Apple ID in both iDevice's App Store and in game, select Store tab, and Restore Purchases.

"Bug:" In 2v2, you can't check your mate's movement path....
Thats a huge tactical fail!

Also i miss achievements sooo much!
Tilt to Live have a lot of cool achievements, and Outwitters have nothing?
I dont understand...