Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmations
01-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Confirmations
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but there's a reason it keeps coming up. Can we have a "done" confirmation if wits are left please?* It's only happened to me three times over the whole time I've played, but that's still annoying, especially because it just happened in my most important Winter World Cup game (against highest seed, if I win I continue, if I lose I do not, and now there is a good chance I will lose).

However, it's not just that people have issues with skipping turns on accident on their own. Sometimes my friends or family (yes they like Outwitters even if they don't play Big Grin) will want to see a game I'm playing and I'm always extremely nervous they will hit done while I'm showing them the game.

It's mostly a psychological thing. Even if it has only happened to me three times, I am always very nervous when I play... That is all well and good if I'm nervous about what my opponent's strategy is, but should I really be nervous that I'm going to accidentally skip my turn? That's unnecessary stress. At any rate, all this explanation is probably not needed because I've seen plenty of others who feel the same regardless of their specific reasons. Done confirmation please!

*There other type of long requested confirmation is Scallywag shell/unshell and now Bramble root/unroot. This is much less of an issue though as it requires you to 1. click the unit and then 2. click the unit again. This can still happen if you press too quickly, especially on an older device like a 3gs where the game can lag a bit, but compared to the 1 click needed to skip a turn it isn't as much of a priority.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: Confirmations
I think that such confirmations wouldn't hurt as long as they can be toggled on the options menu like the move confirmation dialog. It should probably not be too hard to implement either, that is.. not as hard as the unshell/unroot confirmation that's been requested before. Plus, I like your reasoning.

One thing that made me frown though is that you're nervous while playing - you're an iPro player, you probably shouldn't be nervous! Tongue

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-30-2013, 07:20 AM
(01-30-2013 06:06 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  I know this topic has been beaten to death, but there's a reason it keeps coming up. Can we have a "done" confirmation if wits are left please?* It's only happened to me three times over the whole time I've played, but that's still annoying, especially because it just happened in my most important Winter World Cup game (against highest seed, if I win I continue, if I lose I do not, and now there is a good chance I will lose).

However, it's not just that people have issues with skipping turns on accident on their own. Sometimes my friends or family (yes they like Outwitters even if they don't play Big Grin) will want to see a game I'm playing and I'm always extremely nervous they will hit done while I'm showing them the game.

It's mostly a psychological thing. Even if it has only happened to me three times, I am always very nervous when I play... That is all well and good if I'm nervous about what my opponent's strategy is, but should I really be nervous that I'm going to accidentally skip my turn? That's unnecessary stress. At any rate, all this explanation is probably not needed because I've seen plenty of others who feel the same regardless of their specific reasons. Done confirmation please!

*There other type of long requested confirmation is Scallywag shell/unshell and now Bramble root/unroot. This is much less of an issue though as it requires you to 1. click the unit and then 2. click the unit again. This can still happen if you press too quickly, especially on an older device like a 3gs where the game can lag a bit, but compared to the 1 click needed to skip a turn it isn't as much of a priority.

I second this
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM
(01-30-2013 06:06 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  I know this topic has been beaten to death, but there's a reason it keeps coming up. Can we have a "done" confirmation if wits are left please?* It's only happened to me three times over the whole time I've played, but that's still annoying, especially because it just happened in my most important Winter World Cup game (against highest seed, if I win I continue, if I lose I do not, and now there is a good chance I will lose).

I third this Big Grin

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I think it would be sufficient to just have the confirmation for bombshell and bramble. Therefore keeping people from accidently deshelling/uprooting.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-30-2013, 07:41 AM
(01-30-2013 07:20 AM)Harti Wrote:  I think that such confirmations wouldn't hurt as long as they can be toggled on the options menu like the move confirmation dialog. It should probably not be too hard to implement either, that is.. not as hard as the unshell/unroot confirmation that's been requested before. Plus, I like your reasoning.

One thing that made me frown though is that you're nervous while playing - you're an iPro player, you probably shouldn't be nervous! Tongue

As you say, I imagine a done confirmation wouldn't be too difficult as there is already a forfeit confirmation (thank goodness!).

As for the nervous part... it was... just for effect? Smile haha
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I suggested this aswell Tongue My fingers are huge. I constantly hit the wrong unit or such. Also, I tap the unit again when I want to deselect it. I accidently un shell the BOMBSHELL ALL THE TIME.
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
(01-30-2013 11:56 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  I suggested this aswell Tongue My fingers are huge. I constantly hit the wrong unit or such. Also, I tap the unit again when I want to deselect it. I accidently un shell the BOMBSHELL ALL THE TIME.

Thats why I dont play Scallies Tongue

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I don't really play scallywags much any more, but accidentally unshelling my bombshell has happened to me a couple of times. This was back when I had gotten in the habit of tapping a unit a second time to cancel movement. Now, I tap way over off the side of the map to cancel, and this is the habit I am in now. It is much safer, and now I don't mess up with the bombshell any more.

My 1 yr. old son once pressed the done button before I had used any wits on one turn in a tournament game. I wasn't mad because he is the cutest baby I've ever seen, but boy was I going "Arghhhh!" after that!

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I've pressed the spawn spot, than immediately pressed create on accident, creating a runner when I intended to create a different unit.

Live your life as more than plastic.