Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Update!!
(01-29-2013 10:06 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 09:57 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The funny idea I suggested was giving the Bramble itself 6hp Tongue

Wow thats more than a base

I tried using bramble once but since you only get a limited amount of wits per turn, you can't really spawn units if you're going to spawn enough thorn patches to make a good wall of thorns because it uses 1 wit per thorn patch. Is because i'm not using bramble correctly?

Yeah...by doing that, you create a large train of thorns, rather than disjointed networks. Initially, you'll only want to spawn one from the bramble every turn or so, so that when one thorn goes down, hardly any others go down with it. The Bramble should be used like a Mobi (kinda). Develop offensive forces and utilise the Bramble for cover and defence, you should have other units on field at the same time. Spawning thorns shouldn't be your main priority each and every turn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 10:22 AM by laYahooz.)
I'm more interested in the "new" league system. Any news on that beta testers?
Still waiting for the app to update :/
01-29-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 10:31 AM by RandyDogz.)
This will be good - the no +1 wit in beta was OP, this'll discourage reckless thorn spam. I would have had a +8 wit attack in beta lol

And come on apple Canada - get the update up!!

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
01-29-2013, 10:35 AM
(01-29-2013 10:11 AM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 10:06 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 09:57 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The funny idea I suggested was giving the Bramble itself 6hp Tongue

Wow thats more than a base

I tried using bramble once but since you only get a limited amount of wits per turn, you can't really spawn units if you're going to spawn enough thorn patches to make a good wall of thorns because it uses 1 wit per thorn patch. Is because i'm not using bramble correctly?

Yeah...by doing that, you create a large train of thorns, rather than disjointed networks. Initially, you'll only want to spawn one from the bramble every turn or so, so that when one thorn goes down, hardly any others go down with it. The Bramble should be used like a Mobi (kinda). Develop offensive forces and utilise the Bramble for cover and defence, you should have other units on field at the same time. Spawning thorns shouldn't be your main priority each and every turn.
I meant you make one set of thorn patches in the back and the children blocks the enemy from getting to the parent. That way, you can make a wall of thorns, with the children in front of the parents so the enemy has to kill the child to get to the parent so all the thorns don't go. You're saying its more worth it to spend on units?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 10:51 AM by Ja Karta.)
Oooh. Scrambling a barrier not only reduces it's health to 1, but also all of it's current childrens' health to 1.
Newly spawned barrier are at a normal 3 health, even if the originate from a scrambled barrier though.

Yeah, I also hoped for an increase in bramble survivability. (either increased hp or start with a 'halo' of barriers in empty spaces when it roots).
That would allow you to get the bramble into the thick of things spawning thorns on the spot. Would have been interesting.

3hp & +1 Wit is what I thought would be the simplest change, but I'm curious to see how useful it is in practice. Against soldier spam it's obviously useful. How it deals with heavies and snipers (now that it's a wit loss for bramble) is tbd.
Can always make new patches. (4hp +1wit guarantees wit neutrality with anything but some runner combos)

Will be fun to see regardless. Smile

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
A bit more info on the leaderboards:

As it stands right now, it's somewhat of a zero-sum game. Anyone lower than rank 50 typically has zero points. We're looking to improve this so it's a bit more reflective of how you've done against other players in your division.

The new change still works similarly, in that you get more points for beating a higher ranked player and stand to lose more if you beat a lower ranked player. The change is that your league points are now considered in that calculation along with your skill rating.
For example, if you're a master league player and you face another master leaguer and a Super Titan:
- If the master league player has a ton of points (typically in the top of their division), a win against him is weighed more against a Super Titan that has close to zero points. So you stand to win way more points against someone who is not only ranked in a higher league, but also has more points (and therefore has more wins).
- In short, we're hoping that your league and your division points become reflective of your skill and help differentiate players a bit more. A 1000 point Master Leaguer should be more skilled than a 300 point Master Leaguer (assuming similar time played).

Some interesting properties this change will bring about when facing similarly skilled players:
- Holding your #1 rank in your division will become more difficult. The reason being once you have a lot of points, you gain points more slowly due to being 'ahead of the pack' and you lose way more points for losses. Those at the bottom of the division with few points can gain points more quickly against those with more points than them.
- Should allow a bit more churn and therefore more lively competition in divisions. Since point gain/loss is inversely magnified the higher you go in divisions, those that got huge leads at the beginning of seasons are no longer 'safe' later in the season as new players join and quickly rise up the ranks if they have the win ratio to make it.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
I hope the system works better. The last update did improve it a tad but it eventually became less effective (it was impossible for me to hold my number 3 spot with only 6 games at a time).

Hopefully my 2v2 partner and I can earn points! (We're stuck at zero points with a 50% win ratioSad)
01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Woo! A system that considers points already earned is what I've been waiting for Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Not mentioned anywhere yet, my bramble can move FOUR hexes! Am I seeing things??
01-29-2013, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 11:56 AM by Necrocat219.)
Nope - thats so that it can get into action faster or move places faster. In beta the Bramble had a 'slow start'. It moved 2 hex's and meant you had to spend one wit extra.
Also Alex thats an awesome summary of the update - would it be a good idea to make it news?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?