Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 01/25/2013
01-26-2013, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 08:14 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 01/25/2013
My 15 minutes of fame is over Tongue

I hope to return if/when the veggies get buffed. Smile

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 08:36 AM
just curious for the peeps at Master or ST league, are you still interested in playing people that's in the fluffy or clever?
01-26-2013, 08:46 AM
I'd be up for a game if you're interested Norahsul
01-26-2013, 08:49 AM
(01-26-2013 08:46 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  I'd be up for a game if you're interested Norahsul

Send me a game as well if you want! Wink

iPro Clan
01-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Updated spreadsheet:

Outwitters Top 200 Ranking Trends

Kudos to burnodrod for breaking into the top 5! Well-deserved, I think.

Here are some other highlights from this week:

bunbum2442 continues to soar upwards (he beat me, for example... >.>), rising 10 places to reach 17th
Riptor increased in rank by 21 to reach 25th
p0123456789 increased in rank by 26 to reach 28th
mx666 increased in rank by 19 to reach 46th
Sharugames increased in rank by 17 to reach 52nd
alanthefast increased in rank by 29 to reach 55th
Laitram76 increased in rank by 30 to reach 60th
Kaijisama increased in rank by 34 to reach 67th

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-26-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 05:35 PM by CombatEX.)
Global Outwitters League Season 2 Conclusion

I've realized having so many tournaments, especially when many of the participants would be the same each time isn't very practical. The new format for the GOL will be once per year. It will include the best players in Outwitters, but also provide an opportunity for players of all skill levels to compete.

Here's the tentative plan.

Actually just go here instead for the updated info.

End of year tournament once per year spanning from Sep-Dec (4 months). The tournament will consist of 32 players, 12 top-tier players from seasonal league, 16 players from open qualifiers (players of all skill can participate), and 4 players selected for their performance in high-profile tournaments like the World Cup.

How do I qualify?

1. Seasonal Standings
The top 3 players from each of the 4 seasons prior to the tournament start in August are guaranteed a spot. This makes 12 players.*

2. Open Qualifiers
Players of all skill levels can enter qualifying spanning from mid-May until the end of July. Players who ranked in GOL Seasonal play but weren't in the top 3 during any season have priority seeding in qualifying. Registered players will be divided into 8 groups (maximum 4 per group so there may be an elimination round prior to this group stage if necessary). The top 2 players from each of the 8 groups qualify for the main event (the end of year tournament). This makes 16 players.

*In the case of overlap in the seasonal standings or players who decline/cannot compete, these spots are filled by the next highest ranking player in seasonal play. More recent seasons take precedence. For example, if one of the top 3 does not participate, we proceed to rank 4 in the most recent season. If that player can't play, then rank 4 in the season before that, and so on until all the rank 4 players have declined (if they all decline). Then we proceed to rank 5 of the most recent player and so on. Players who enter the tournament through qualifying will be skipped over in the seasonal ranking during this process (as they have already qualified through an alternative method).

Prize Pool
I can guarantee $100 towards the prize pool. For a tournament that only occurs once a year I realize that is not very much, but I'll see what I can do about that in the coming months.

Hope to see you in GOL 2013!
Season 1 - Season 4 will be used for qualifying as well as the open qualifiers starting in May.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
(01-26-2013 08:46 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  I'd be up for a game if you're interested Norahsul

Thanks, sent a request through my other gc name since I am trying to play the winter tournament Smile
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
(01-26-2013 12:10 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Global Outwitters League Season 2 Conclusion

I've realized having so many tournaments, especially when many of the participants would be the same each time isn't very practical. The new format for the GOL will be once per year. It will include the best players in Outwitters, but also provide an opportunity for players of all skill levels to compete.

Here's the tentative plan.

End of year tournament once per year spanning from Sep-Dec (4 months). The tournament will consist of 32 players, 12 top-tier players from seasonal league, 16 players from open qualifiers (players of all skill can participate), and 4 players selected for their performance in high-profile tournaments like the World Cup.

How do I qualify?

1. Seasonal Standings
The top 3 players from each of the 4 seasons prior to the tournament start in August are guaranteed a spot. This makes 12 players.*

2. Open Qualifiers
Players of all skill levels can enter qualifying spanning from mid-May until the end of July. Players who ranked in GOL Seasonal play but weren't in the top 3 during any season have priority seeding in qualifying. Registered players will be divided into 8 groups (maximum 4 per group so there may be an elimination round prior to this group stage if necessary). The top 2 players from each of the 8 groups qualify for the main event (the end of year tournament). This makes 16 players.

*In the case of overlap in the seasonal standings or players who decline/cannot compete, these spots are filled by the next highest ranking player in seasonal play. More recent seasons take precedence. For example, if one of the top 3 does not participate, we proceed to rank 4 in the most recent season. If that player can't play, then rank 4 in the season before that, and so on until all the rank 4 players have declined (if they all decline). Then we proceed to rank 5 of the most recent player and so on. Players who enter the tournament through qualifying will be skipped over in the seasonal ranking during this process (as they have already qualified through an alternative method).

Prize Pool
I can guarantee $100 towards the prize pool. For a tournament that only occurs once a year I realize that is not very much, but I'll see what I can do about that in the coming months.

Hope to see you in GOL 2013!
Season 1 - Season 4 will be used for qualifying as well as the open qualifiers starting in May.

So this gets the attention it deserves, you might consider making it its own thread.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks GG for the suggestion. It does have its own thread though right here.

Also in my signature. I'll post in the tournament forum when it comes time for the Open Qualifier.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-01-2013, 02:51 AM
I actually just noticed my duplicate ranking...
Obvi I prefer the higher one Wink
But interestingly - I find myself being put up against opponents closer to the second. I'm not sure if my double ranking is effecting who I play against in league games.

Super-Titan