Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thorn Gulley-Bombshell
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Thorn Gulley-Bombshell
Hey Connor, I think if you protect your snipers and mobi, you'll soon find this early bombshell placement to be a non-issue. You can move your units around all you like, build up defense in case they try to come at you with soldiers (everything else is way too slow, you'll see it coming and can counter appropriately), then just move forward, kill stuff, then mobi back. It's a really hard match-up for scallywags.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 02:54 AM
I can't agree more with aaron's and ekofox's advices.

But seriously guys, it's same as I said in my latest topic: where is your sense of humor? Because garcia didn't put a smiley you deduce he's a noob who thinks he's the best? C'mon..

This outwitters' communitty is nice but seems to take things too seriously, we are here to have fun and flaming garcia for a nonsense but humorous post is really a pity.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Maybe because it wasn't funny, or am I missing the joke in saying you're too good to give any advice on a thread?... Comments like that are just intimidating to lower level players who are genuinely trying to learn how to improve.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-26-2013, 03:44 AM
I have tried to deal with this before by using mobi to bring a sniper up to the other side of the hole. Obviously, this won't be enough if the BS is buffed, but as others have said, the BS may not be in as devastating a position as you think it is.

In my experience, throwing a sniper at the problem with a mobi generally just leads to a mess of unit exchanges in turn leading to the end of the game. Sometimes I come out on top, but sometimes I don't. You have to be extremely careful to protect your mobi. If you lose it, then you're probably going to be in a bad situation.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 03:57 AM
(01-26-2013 03:26 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Maybe because it wasn't funny, or am I missing the joke in saying you're too good to give any advice on a thread?... Comments like that are just intimidating to lower level players who are genuinely trying to learn how to improve.

Well, I never said I found that funny Tongue But I do think he didn't mean to be intimidating to lower levels. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-26-2013, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 04:53 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(01-25-2013 03:33 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  As you know, I am very important and my time is valuable. Therefore, I have decided not to respond to this thread properly.

LOL. Oh, garcia. You are so modest.
If there is a bombshell in that spot, I elect to defend the wit space as best I can with a sniper, and use mobi to gain control of the opposite side and center. In short - just avoid the bombshell, it doesn't do him much good there except to harass the wit space. You just need to be careful not to send units into the maw...which isn't so hard with mobi.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

I have dealt with it before but it was against weaker players. I think what happened is that I just worried about it too much because it was so early. I was starting to just defend that point with a sniper, and I think that's what I'll do in the future.

I also think part of it was that he is just better than me. Looked on OSN and he was recently rated around #100. So that might be part of it.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Nothing to add to strategy (better OW strategists than I here), but you guys need to chill wrt the "too good" post.
It was clearly semi-absurdist humor. But so what if it's not? It's really not hurting anyone, just let it be Smile

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Like I said, I giggled
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
personally i don't bother to put a BS there. it doesn't have enough range.

put the BS on either side to dominate. putting it in the middle fails for me. you need keeps of support for it to survive against heavies..

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos