Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thorn Gulley-Bombshell
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Thorn Gulley-Bombshell
Does anyone have any hints for dealing with bombshells on TG? I keep getting beat because my opponent will drop a bombshell on the tile that protrudes into the big hole near my wit space. That basically makes it so that my wit space is within range of the bombshells splash damage (this seems kind of unfair).

I play as adorables but this doesn't really help a ton. That spot can be easily walled off and if the shell is boosted I can't just drop a sniper on the other side of the hole. I also cant bring a second sniper up because of the splash.

This wouldn't be a huge problem, but it seems like a lot of my opponents are just saving their wits on the first turn and bringing out a bombshell on their second turn (turn 3 or 4). This is ridiculously early, and hard to defend against because that position is a good three moves down the board.

The only thing I can think of is trying to bring out a mobi asap. Getting a mobi on my second turn, then sniping it from across the hole on turn 3. However they may have spawned a medic by this point.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Thorn Gulley-Bombshell
Out of curiosity, how many times has this happened? Sounds quite preventable. I hate being scallywags on TG but maybe that's just me.
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
My general tactic is to give up the ground covered by the Bombshell. Bombshells are basically Soldiers with a Sniper attack and Splash Damage. You won't win anything by hanging out within range. Retreat, build your forces, when they advance, launch your counter attack.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 03:24 PM by connor34911.)
Happened to me 2 games in a row. Its not really preventable, I cannot reach that side of the board by the second turn, and if they just move their soldier up to the side witspace and their runner to the middle one, they can easily spend 0 wits on the first turn and also defend their wit spots.
(01-25-2013 03:21 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  My general tactic is to give up the ground covered by the Bombshell. Bombshells are basically Soldiers with a Sniper attack and Splash Damage. You won't win anything by hanging out within range. Retreat, build your forces, when they advance, launch your counter attack.

Yeah I know how to deal with them. Retreating here means giving up my witspace. That eventually leads to a loss. Especially if it happens early.

1v1 Super-Titan

01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
The other side must be weak.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 03:28 PM by EkoFox.)
You'd only give up your wit space for a couple turns. That's a swing of 3 or 4 in their favor, but it's less costly than you losing units every turn due to a Bombshell.

01-25-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 03:30 PM by connor34911.)
First game

Here is the first game. I probably made a lot of mistakes, but regardless, he had a boosted shell by turn 5 (his third turn). I wasn't expecting that.
(01-25-2013 03:28 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  You'd only give up your wit space for a couple turns. That's a swing of 3 or 4 in their favor, but it's less costly than you losing units every turn due to a Bombshell.

Agreed, there is just no easy way to get the witspace back because its in range of the bombshell...

1v1 Super-Titan

01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
It says the link is not valid. Does it work for you?

01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
As you know, I am very important and my time is valuable. Therefore, I have decided not to respond to this thread properly.
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
(01-25-2013 03:33 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  As you know, I am very important and my time is valuable. Therefore, I have decided not to respond to this thread properly.
...Umm... What?