Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
(01-25-2013 07:18 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  When it's appropriate to say GG varies wildly depending on what game you play. In SC it's considered extremely impolite to gg before the loser does (calling the game over before it actually is), while in some Ego shooters it's customary to gg before the game is over (since noone can get back from a X point difference in the last minute etc.).

So misunderstandings are bound to happen, since there's no universal rule. I do NOT think bad language is an acceptable way to deal with those, but it's understandable where it comes from.
Or maybe it's just a case of "the internet" - the place where some people randomly burst into insults no matter what reason.

I tend to come down on the SC side of the debate, but that's probably just because I spent way more time with strategy games than shooters.

On duelin network it's considered extremely impolite if the person leaves before saying Good game.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:On duelin network it's considered extremely impolite if the person leaves before saying Good game.

Same for outwitters - If you don't say gg before it goes to the bottom of their list I feel they might miss it and just see me as someone who is just grinding games :L

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Saying GG when you're sure to win, but haven't yet is like saying "I win." It's aggravating to some people, and doesn't bother others at all. Since it does bother some people(a lot), I'd recommend not doing it, other comments on the game as Necro is describing would be much better.
01-26-2013, 12:11 AM
I usually say "Good Game" after the match is over. I like the full words. Tongue

I personally don't mind when my opponent says GG before it's over.

A few times I didn't die and they were very quiet after that. Tongue

Also when they say something like "That wasn't good at all!" (Usually after they've lost) I always comment and give advice etc (even though I'm probably not really qualified to do so Tongue).

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
01-26-2013, 12:34 AM
I say "Good game man". Can't rly take that the wrong way

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
01-26-2013, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 01:13 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
(01-25-2013 02:11 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  I used to "gg" (Actually I "Good Game"d) and Resign when I was going to lose the next turn, but then I got comments like "Why'd you give up? You still could have won." and I had to actually explain to them how they could have won. Now I never assume they know they can win. Tongue

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I almost never resign though. I like to let the opponent actually complete the win. To me, this feels polite.

Anyway, I was thinking more of situations where the other guy has three buffed heavies next to my base and I have only one free spawn (the far one) and a single lonely runner or something along those lines. Situations where in order to avoid winning, your strategy for playing Outwitters would have to be randomly touching the screen until your turn is over.

I'm exaggerating, but I think you understand what I mean.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 02:39 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(01-25-2013 04:50 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 04:43 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I don't get what's bad with telling gg before. I don't wanna humiliate my opponent or accentuate the fact I killed him quickly, simply it was 100% sure I won, so I don't see what is different. We were playing quickly, so telling it now or 20 seconds later is really the same. Plus, you'll never get me to admit that saying a "too quick" gg is worse than saying a nonsense vulgar sentence..

SpW: Yeah, let's ser who owns long nine again Tongue

It really doesn't matter what you intended. It's what he feels on the recieving end. It's like calling someone a fuc***g fa***t and tell them you were joking. Also, I kinda understand the the vulgar sentence, I've had people say GG to me before a game was over and I felt like punching them through the screen. It's just not good sportsmanship and comes off as arrogant and cocky as people said before

Seriously? Get humor, + Outwitters is a game, and as awesome as it is, freaking out for a game is really not the point. There's nothing bad about it, simply two words, you totally overact for such a simple sentence oO I don't mean to offend you but you're seriously shocking me, there's nothing to worry about here. I wouldn't like to see you being frustrated for something that matters for real.
I'll stop to say GG before the end, simply because I seem not to feel this game (and all video games) same as others, even though I think all the guys who don't appreciate this at all and understand a behavior like this guys has had need to be less sensible and don't over-understand a simple sentence like "good game" said 20 sec before the end. Nothing matters in a game, wow, I rly didn't expect to be the one to blame instead of the one to whom we explain how to deal with an insulting and mean (he still didn't play) player.

What's more, I didn't only say "gg", I also said a friendly sentence, so this player, you mr.banger and other shouldn't take such little "unpolitness" for problematic ones. But some of you guys are agreeing with him telling that. What's the point?

I have had a lot of good discussions with players, talking about our battle and having fun even though I said (or my opponent said) gg before.

Edit: I may have been too rude, sry for that, but I can't understand what is so bad about this.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 03:15 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
People are just giving you their opinions. I don't think Mr. Banger was saying that this other guy was in the right to say what he said to you, only that he understands how he probably felt. The point is not that you were being rude, only that your opponent probably felt that you were being rude. Considering why a person does what he does is important, because it helps to make them seem human in your mind instead of just a robot that is programmed to be rude to you. Other people have just as complex a brain as you do.

Anyway, the world isn't full of perfect people involved in flawless relationships. Once in a while, people are going to be rude to each other. The thing you should hope for is that this is the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Hm, you're right erenan Smile I have difficulties to accept that people don't understand me as I want to be understood. Sry for my previous post if it hurted someone, again ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 04:23 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i sometimes tell my opponent GG early when i make an all or nothing attack. its not because im sure that i'll win on the next turn but rather that this turn decides the outcome of the game. if he's able to defend then im screwed and if not i win.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*