Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
I just say nothing Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I have to agree with the others that saying GG before you win is worse than "s**k a d**k". I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it feels that way on the other end of it.
01-25-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 04:47 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
I don't get what's bad with telling gg before. I don't wanna humiliate my opponent or accentuate the fact I killed him quickly, simply it was 100% sure I won, so I don't see what is different. We were playing quickly, so telling it now or 20 seconds later is really the same. Plus, you'll never get me to admit that saying a "too quick" gg is worse than saying a nonsense vulgar sentence..

SpW: Yeah, let's ser who owns long nine again Tongue

Oh and I totally agree with you erenan, moreover I often congratulate the player who beats me, even though he said gg before. I won't rage because I haven't been able to defeat him --'

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 04:51 PM by Mr.Banger.)
(01-25-2013 04:43 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I don't get what's bad with telling gg before. I don't wanna humiliate my opponent or accentuate the fact I killed him quickly, simply it was 100% sure I won, so I don't see what is different. We were playing quickly, so telling it now or 20 seconds later is really the same. Plus, you'll never get me to admit that saying a "too quick" gg is worse than saying a nonsense vulgar sentence..

SpW: Yeah, let's ser who owns long nine again Tongue

It really doesn't matter what you intended. It's what he feels on the recieving end. It's like calling someone a fuc***g fa***t and tell them you were joking. Also, I kinda understand the the vulgar sentence, I've had people say GG to me before a game was over and I felt like punching them through the screen. It's just not good sportsmanship and comes off as arrogant and cocky as people said before

iPro
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
The bad thing with giving a GG before you actually win is sometimes people take it as arrogance or condescension. Maybe they don't even know you've 'won', because they don't see the combo that will kill them or some such reason.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 05:24 PM by keny01.)
(01-25-2013 02:11 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  I used to "gg" (Actually I "Good Game"d) and Resign when I was going to lose the next turn, but then I got comments like "Why'd you give up? You still could have won." and I had to actually explain to them how they could have won. Now I never assume they know they can win. Tongue

I don't do that either, because I've won a lot of games I shouldn't have, and vice versa. Trying to cut down on the latter, butfront really see a problem with the former.

And I've found that when the former happens, I just keep quiet. There's no polite way to say anything.
01-25-2013, 07:18 PM
When it's appropriate to say GG varies wildly depending on what game you play. In SC it's considered extremely impolite to gg before the loser does (calling the game over before it actually is), while in some Ego shooters it's customary to gg before the game is over (since noone can get back from a X point difference in the last minute etc.).

So misunderstandings are bound to happen, since there's no universal rule. I do NOT think bad language is an acceptable way to deal with those, but it's understandable where it comes from.
Or maybe it's just a case of "the internet" - the place where some people randomly burst into insults no matter what reason.

I tend to come down on the SC side of the debate, but that's probably just because I spent way more time with strategy games than shooters.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
01-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I do it the turn before I win or lose but only on games that have lasted 20+ games as any earlier is really a rush and in those situations I point out how to counter it. I genuinely mean it so I hope people don't get offended Sad This game, unlike Dota or LoL, is completely set and you can't get lucky and pull the win back so its safe to say gg the turn before.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-25-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 09:32 PM by joelduque.)
I say it prematurely only when I'm the one who is losing. Otherwise, it can be offensive or cocky. People have different degrees of sensitivities.
(01-25-2013 08:58 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  This game, unlike Dota or LoL, is completely set and you can't get lucky and pull the win back so its safe to say gg the turn before.

There is always the scrambler! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-25-2013, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 10:39 PM by Necrocat219.)
Haha yeah, true true I make sure there's no comeback at least Tongue To be fair I always follow it with comment on the game such as ''Wow that was a really intense attack, I managed to get my heavy there in time'' or ''you were winning at this point but this move lost the game, this is how you can avoid it in future''. When I say ''good game'' I am saying that it was a good game, not f*** off, I am saying what is there at face value. If you're taking your experiences from other games and taking its meaning and applying it here to it'll only have you to blame.
I almost forgot! I started saying it before games ended and not after because it's very easy to miss someone chatting if you finish the game off! I used to get almost no replies saying it after and ever since I switched to saying it before I've got to know opponents much better Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?