Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
03-07-2014, 05:41 AM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
(01-25-2013 01:04 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I say "Gg" early, but only when my opponent is going to win next turn. That way, they know that I am a well adjusted individual who is capable of differentiating between my imperfect Outwitters skill and my value as a human being, and they needn't feel bad about beating me, because I don't feel bad for losing. Some people are not capable of doing this, and saying rude things is their means of responding to the anxiety caused them by this incapacity.

Um... I mean... try not to let it get to you. At least you won! Smile Tongue
This perfectly sums up how I feel. Most oft he time..lolSmile

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 05:49 AM by Norahsul.)
(03-07-2014 05:06 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  In stacraft early gg is bad mannered, even to me, but not in outwitters. Almost only interesting, clever and nice people play this game,

^______________^

Speaking of which, I find it a bit impolite to just receive an invitation from someone random and says nothing (even though I do like friendlies). Is that usual?
03-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Nope.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
03-08-2014, 05:15 AM
(03-07-2014 05:47 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 05:06 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  In stacraft early gg is bad mannered, even to me, but not in outwitters. Almost only interesting, clever and nice people play this game,

^______________^

Speaking of which, I find it a bit impolite to just receive an invitation from someone random and says nothing (even though I do like friendlies). Is that usual?

If that happened to me, I would run for the hills and change my name. To probably Bombyattack. No one would know.

Gifted League GC ID: Bubba2701Gifted League

If life gives you lemons, you trade them for wheat and make beer.
-AttackBomb
03-08-2014, 06:59 AM
(03-08-2014 05:15 AM)AttackBomb Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 05:47 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  

^______________^

If that happened to me, I would run for the hills and change my name. To probably Bombyattack. No one would know.

Who's Bombyattack? Is he a friend of yours... or an enemy?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
03-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I hate it when people say GG before the game's over. It comes across as douchey to me no matter who says it. Like "yeah I know you can't win, sucks to be you." It's bad enough I lost, they do't have to rub it in before the game's even over.

The only exception I make is when they can spawn hog and kill everything but a medic, so the game isn't over but there's nothing you can do to win, and say something like "GG, sry I didn't have enough wits for the medic" or something.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-08-2014, 11:03 AM
(03-08-2014 10:59 AM)ElPared Wrote:  I hate it when people say GG before the game's over. It comes across as douchey to me no matter who says it. Like "yeah I know you can't win, sucks to be you." It's bad enough I lost, they do't have to rub it in before the game's even over.

The only exception I make is when they can spawn hog and kill everything but a medic, so the game isn't over but there's nothing you can do to win, and say something like "GG, sry I didn't have enough wits for the medic" or something.

Does it piss you off when people say GG even after they win.. ?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Saying GG is like saying the game is over, as you all (probably) know. So if the game is obviously lost I really don't mind my opponents saying GG. I guess some consider it "Proper etiquette" to let the loser be the one to say it first, or to only say it when they have already conceded/you destroyed their base, but really sometimes I feel like people who get offended by it are just annoyed that they lost more than anything.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
03-08-2014, 05:22 PM
(03-08-2014 11:03 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 10:59 AM)ElPared Wrote:  I hate it when people say GG before the game's over. It comes across as douchey to me no matter who says it. Like "yeah I know you can't win, sucks to be you." It's bad enough I lost, they do't have to rub it in before the game's even over.

Does it piss you off when people say GG even after they win.. ?

No, because the game's over. I find it presumptuous to say it before the game's over.

myself, I don't say anything after games unless it's a friendly and we've been talking the whole game. Sometimes I give people advice, like if I'd already thought of a way they could counter something I did but they don't do that (obviously I do this after they've missed their opportunity). usually people are cool about it.

I've just played to many RTS games where most chat is just flames and posturing, so if I don't have anything helpful to say, I don't say anything.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-09-2014, 11:32 AM
I think when I lose, I am going to always something like "I have been out-witted." Just for kicks.

GC: TheGreatAnt