Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basing advantages in tournaments on base's life left
01-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Basing advantages in tournaments on base's life left
If tournaments base tie advantages on base health, wouldn't that support turtling? Shouldn't it just be better to give advantages based on turns taken only?

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Basing advantages in tournaments on base's life left
I don't base mine on base health. Ties are broken by head to head games.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
I think a good way would be to base it on (turns taken)*(damage taken), which would then discourage turtling since turtlers usually take a little damage anyway.

Turns taken by itself isn't a good solution, since some teams (scallywags) have no choice but to be slow, unless they want to completely forgo their special unit.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Using base health for tie breaking is bad in my opinion. A player that attacks the base early causing only partial damage is usually much worse off because the attacking units are ripe for slaughter. I usually like an opponent doing that because I get a wit/unit advantage. Base health of the winner is a very bad indicator of how well the loser did.

Using turns taken is definitely better, but it I don't like it because it can affect player strategy. This tie breaker favors players to rush. In the first World Cup they started with is and then went to a 3rd game because of the affected gameplay (it change my behavior).
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
I would rather it be something along the lines of wits used over wits gained. Whoever used the least percentage of wits gained wins.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!