Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The higher the League the slower!
01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: The higher the League the slower!
(01-25-2013 01:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I actually prefer to play my losing games first. Winning games I mean I will win them, so they are not as exciting. Losing games I know that at any moment my opponent may mess up and I will be able to gloriously turn the tables!

(01-25-2013 11:10 PM)Willythewile Wrote:  And it's all about the glory! To quote Shane Falco, "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory....last forever."

I thought that was the coach?

I feel the logic of Tenrabbits losing more games because his winning games aren't moving is flawed. Whether your games are filling up or not, your chances of drawing into an opponent that you'll beat haven't changed.

There is, however, a psychological effect to winning games quickly and losing games slowly.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 05:01 AM
I prefer losing my games first. However, I still "stall" my losing games. Contradiction? Not really. The reason I delay my turns longer in games where I'm in a worse position isn't because I'm intentionally stalling our of frustration or because I don't want to lose. It's because I need to think more on my turns. Games where I'm dominating don't take as much thought and hence I take my turns more quickly. So in other words, it's only natural that games where your opponent is losing should take them longer because they need to consider their turns more carefully since you clearly aren't just some pushover.
01-27-2013, 06:23 AM
(01-26-2013 07:04 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 01:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I actually prefer to play my losing games first. Winning games I mean I will win them, so they are not as exciting. Losing games I know that at any moment my opponent may mess up and I will be able to gloriously turn the tables!

(01-25-2013 11:10 PM)Willythewile Wrote:  And it's all about the glory! To quote Shane Falco, "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory....last forever."

I thought that was the coach?

I feel the logic of Tenrabbits losing more games because his winning games aren't moving is flawed. Whether your games are filling up or not, your chances of drawing into an opponent that you'll beat haven't changed.

There is, however, a psychological effect to winning games quickly and losing games slowly.

Nope, sorry Emuchu, Shane said it in the huddle when he came back for the last few minutes of the game. I love that movie!Big Grin
01-27-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm not more likely to put off a turn because I'm losing BUT I am more likely to putt of a turn if there's a large amount of FoW. If there's a lot of FoW then I have to watch replays to figure out what's going on (where units are, etc.).

That said, a large amount of FoW defintely correlates positively with likelihood of losing.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )