Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring Metrics
01-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Scoring Metrics
Does anybody know the details of scoring ( besides beating tougher opponents scores more )? Specifically, is it better to use up wits to destroy enemy pieces and/or spawn units before playing the winning attack. My point scores often perplex me.

While I'm asking, what about demotions? I have been demoted immediately after winning a game - before the points result screen even appears. One of my opponents claims he was demoted after 5 straight victories!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Scoring Metrics
That's rly weird! League?

Another problem:
Long nine epic battle

The game was very... Uncommon. Inever experienced such a bramble spam, and I have to admit my opponent did very well here. Anyway, I won ( Big Grin ) and only got 16 points. Why "only"? Cuz my opponent is ser purple wolf, top 160. In the very previous battle, I won 22 pts and my adversary wasn't in top 200 at all.

I'm coming from a loss streak, due to extremely skilled opponents, so it has nothing to do with the fact I'd have increased of hidden skill rating..or maybe I still didn't understand how points are given? It's rly strange.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-22-2013, 06:29 AM
SPW said he was on a huge losing streak so that is probably why you got 16 points.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
The scoring of league points depends purely upon your "hidden ranking", which is the thing which decides your promotion, demotion, and where you are on the Top 200 (if you get there). Base health, units remaining etc don't affect the score, so just beat them and you'll save time and get the same rewards Smile If someone has more league points than you, it doesn't necessarily mean they are actually higher take than you.
01-23-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-22-2013 05:48 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  That's rly weird! League?

Another problem:
Long nine epic battle

The game was very... Uncommon. Inever experienced such a bramble spam, and I have to admit my opponent did very well here. Anyway, I won ( Big Grin ) and only got 16 points. Why "only"? Cuz my opponent is ser purple wolf, top 160. In the very previous battle, I won 22 pts and my adversary wasn't in top 200 at all.

I'm coming from a loss streak, due to extremely skilled opponents, so it has nothing to do with the fact I'd have increased of hidden skill rating..or maybe I still didn't understand how points are given? It's rly strange.

Yeah, keep in mind that the top 200 is as of Friday, so things may have changed since then. For example, Ser Purple Wolf has lost a number of games recently, so he most likely dropped below you. I had a game recently where my opponent was 38 places above me on the top 200, but only gained 13 points (It was against tco2540 actually, SerPurpleWolf's dad). It just means either I have risen significantly or he has fallen significant since Friday. It will probably make sense when the next top 200 is posted.

Also, to respond to the original post, it doesn't matter how you win or lose, just if you win or not. Also, keep in mind that the number of points is determined by your hidden ranking, not your league ranking. A person may have amassed a large number of point in fluffy before being promoted. As a result, he would be ranked higher in the league, but he might not be as good

As for being demoted after a win, it may be one of two thing. First it may be that the system waits a game before demoting, thus resulting in being demoted after a win. However, this is not likely, since there are few reported cases of being demoted after a win, and it wouldn't explain being demoted after a five game win streak. Another possibility is that the system may update the threshold for each league every so often based on what level of player is in each league. If you were on the verge of demotion and several people were promoted recently, you could be bumped down a league, even after a win, once the system updated.