Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone Changed An Initially Assigned League Yet?
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 12:54 AM by Eijolend.)
RE: Anyone Changed An Initially Assigned League Yet?
Yeah it would be great if we'd get an explanation how the league system actually works - I assume it's some kind of ELO with a confidence parameter or something.
(SC2, which obviously was the inspiration for this system, never officially answered how theirs worked in detail and it has some similar occurences)

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 12:59 AM by Harti.)
(07-07-2012 12:47 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I get the sense that people below your League count for little and the unranked count for less.

Yes that's quite obvious to be fair, but I think I beat roundabout 25 people from Gifted League as well. So that can't be it, it used to go way faster.

LOL, now I get it: "Waiting Star Division" - truestory.png

(07-07-2012 12:51 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Yeah it would be great if we'd get an explanation how the league system actually works - I assume it's some kind of ELO with a confidence parameter or something.
(SC2, which obviously was the inspiration for this system, never officially answered how theirs worked in detail)

It's not ELO. The system assigns you a certain skill rating based on how you've done on your placement matches and adjusts the rating whenever you (get) beat (by) people from superior (inferior) leagues. OneManLeft's taken the SC2 approach pretty well and the points are a little add-on.

I do think that their thoughts behind the algorithm do somehow work but are currently behaving oddly. Luckily this all can be changed without an App Store update so I think it's gonna be fixed as soon as Alex arrives (and actually cares).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-07-2012, 01:48 AM
After the last reset (which happened during beta), I was placed in Clever League and later got demoted to Fluffy League, so technically - yes I have changed my initially assigned league. But I'm on the fast track to get back up there again ;-)

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2012, 03:28 AM
It really does seem broken. I have 17 wins, 2 from the beta. Since Beta, I am 15-1, including at least 3-0 vs. gifted League players and a bunch of wins over clever league players.

Meanwhile, I dont know I'm near getting out of Clever League. I have 277 points, and the top dog has 418. He has been gaining points so quick that I seriously doubt he is losing more than a game or two once in a blue moon.
07-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Maybe there's a time constraint on League shifting, like you can't move leagues till you've been in your current league for 24 hours.