Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Stallers
How could it be exploited. It's random and more often thAn not the way random 2v2s end so IMO its obnoxious my score is based on whether my teammate leaves or my opponent does
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
(01-23-2013 03:55 PM)^=discipulus=^ Wrote:  How could it be exploited. It's random and more often thAn not the way random 2v2s end so IMO its obnoxious my score is based on whether my teammate leaves or my opponent does

You are just about to lose, so you stall and don't play, then your team receives no penalty. Tongue

And it is easily the other way round, if you thought this, what would you feel on the opponents' side?
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
No because the staller would still tAke the rAting hit just not his ally
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see time allotted for turns take a hint from chess.
The specifics of FIDE time needn't apply, but the basic idea that you have a fixed amount of time to work with + time for each move.

Example: you get 72 hours before you time out + 24 hours per move, *non-accruing* (unlike chess).
What that means is that you can take 4 days (96 hours) to play a move *once* (hey, stuff happens to everyone). But you can't take 4 days for each move!

I can think of more sophisticate ways of doing this (e.g. less time per move, but some of it accrues, some of it doesn't), but I think something that forces rapid(er) play while allowing for the occasional lapse would be more reasonable.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
This is a pic of a five day stall