Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SFI hates me :(
01-17-2013, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 02:35 AM by Gf!sh.)
SFI hates me :(
I hate this map. I can't remember one time that i actually won on it. Can anyone help me a bit understanding the theory a bit? I'm freaking clueless. Sad

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 06:55 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: I suck at SFI :(
I think SFI is one of my strongest maps. Can be a strong map for Adorables, Feedback, and Scallywags. I think at high levels it's important to get your special earlier than later, especially for scallywags. But generally you want to protect your medic from an early runner attack, and just keep pumping out soldiers. The best line of attack is across the top of the map, so you want to eventually build to attack there, and/or anticipate an attack from that line and be prepared to counter.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
(01-17-2013 06:40 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I hate this map. I can't remember one time that i actually won on it. Can anyone help me a bit understanding the theory a bit? I'm freaking clueless. Sad

Why did you pick it for our friendly? :0

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM
That was a pathetic attempt to practice, and is now my proof that Bramble does not need any buff at all Tongue

01-17-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-17-2013 07:16 AM)Gfich Wrote:  That was a pathetic attempt to practice, and is now my proof that Bramble does not need any buff at all Tongue

The more turns it's alive, the more powerful it becomes! Tbh I would be perfectly content if they kept the bramble the same, and nerfed the Bombshell and Mobi like Alvendor suggested.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-17-2013, 07:22 AM
This is all pretty basic but I hope it helps. Writing this on phone so bear with me.

As always the variables before starting any game
Your team
Opponent team
P1 or p2

When you look at these variables you could come up with an initial game plan
Like what units are you gonna spawn?
Spawning snipers on that map is a big no no unless you've got a mobi or a three hp unit comes close to your spawn point

The important thing to realize on this map is top zone control is everything the team that advances there first usually sets the pace of the game

I'm not coming up with anything new by saying this but spawn soldiers!

As for the specials I'm only experienced with feedback
What use is scrambler on that map?
For p1 scrambler rush win
For p2 well it's not so great to be honest, I lost too many games spawning it against bombshells maybe it's a good idea to avoid spawning it?

Don't let their heavy control the top don't let the bombshell control the top don't let the mobi sniper control the top, you take control, they probably would make a mistake soon enoug specially on lower leagues

If your counting wits that's a huge plus I don't know if I wrote about this before but on this map taking the wit space is easy so if you know your opponent isn't saving wits or just made a special and you can cover their spawn by a scout do it! Then at the same turn apply pressure with your other units it's a deadly combo on any map but it's one prominent strategy on SFI

If you're up against scallywags and you can kill the healer with a scout always do it but generally you always wanna kill the healer just to annoy your opponent, that means also always protect your healer two units in front of it
I've seen some people moving the healer I'd say don't do it unless it's end game

Sometimes I try to send four 4hp soldiers for the opponent base I don't remember how I came up with that number but I know it's very hard to stop if they're not prepared
01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
I was going to post two recent losses to ask for help on building and timing an attack, but since both happened on SFI, I include them here in this thread.

I would appreciate if more experienced people could comment and offer advice, given I am only a beginner (clever). I've pointed out some of the mistakes I believe I did...

Thank you

1) Against adorables, total 38 turns:

- Initial turns, specially turns 7 and 13, I might have lost a couple of wits by misplacing some units and having to rearrange them
- Turn 15-31: I probably shouldn't have focused too much into playing with runners; rather spawned more soldiers
- Turn 27: Should I have gone for the heavy here? One possible play: heavy+soldier take the heavy, splash+soldier+runner take one soldier
- Turn 31: Probably a mistake to attack with the soldiers. And I should have protected the top hex of my base
- Turn 35: Same top base hex mistake again

2) Against feedback, total 21 turns:
- Here, based on the previous match, I wanted to push the soldier line one hex further. Is this doable, or too much of a stretch?
- Turn 7: unnecessary move of the bombshell
- Turn 15: instead of charging his base, should I have kept the line and spawned a sniper to take the bottom soldier?
- Turn 17: I should have taken the top soldier, not the bottom
- Turn 19: should have boosted the runner, not the heavy, since he was going to die anyway
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
(01-17-2013 06:40 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I hate this map. I can't remember one time that i actually won on it. Can anyone help me a bit understanding the theory a bit? I'm freaking clueless. Sad

No wonder our game is so close! I'm clueless as well Tongue
01-17-2013, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 11:30 PM by Coolio.)
Now I know what map to choose if I'm ever I a tournament game with Gfich. Smile

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-18-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: SFI hates me :(
Damn you Sad