Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a find!
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
What a find!
I came across this beautiful gem of a game yesterday when I was bored and searching through the app store.

I fell in love almost instantly when I realized how similar it was to a game I created in my teens. A couple years later I discovered Poxnora, a turn based strategy game with a collectible card game element. This game is also extremely similar (a much larger scale, and with hundreds of unique units). But regardless I have a practiced feel for these types of games. I love this genre, and I love the feel and art style of Outwitters...

That said... I got the hang of it rather quickly, and immediately purchased the full faction & 20 game choice.

I started about 15 league games and found myself easily dispatching all of those opponents. The game instantly bumped me to clever, and then Master League.

Now that I am in Master League I'm taking a few losses from people who really know what they are doing Tongue. (no offense sub-Master leaguers)

Anyway I just wanted to give everyone my introduction to Outwitters story and say hello, and that I love this game already.

Hope to play against each and every one of you!

Love,

Snakebasket
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: What a find!
Great to hear that you love it! I agree, it is an amazing and unique game. I'm sure you'll have a game or two against me soon!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Congratulations on such quick promotions! If you've bought the uber pack might I ask what's your favorite team?

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the outwitters forum snakebasket

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
01-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Welcome! I felt the same when I came across it, and my feelings grow stronger every day. Easily the best game in the App Store.
01-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Welcome! Can't say I've advanced as fast as you, but this is easily my favorite ios game, it truly is a gem.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Oh, right, I'm matched against you in two glitch battles Big Grin welcome and enjoy this epic game!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Welcome! Glad you enjoy the game so much, it really is a gem.
01-17-2013, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 06:05 AM by Piko.)
So, imo Outwitters is a really good game, but not the best one in App Store. From hexagonal turn-based strategies my favourite is iWesnoth, which is really excellent game. But Wesnoth is for 3.59€ on iOS, while free on PC. Then, Outwitters seems to be the best iOS strategy worth to download. Tongue
01-17-2013, 07:51 AM
There's other great turn based strategy games out there on iOS besides Outwitters, but what really sets Outwitters apart for me is how much complex strategy it derives from such a basic, basic design.