Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - QUALIFIERS
(01-29-2013 12:57 AM)StratZ- Wrote:  Hey so like, I sent you a picture of the game result because the guy I was facing didn't make a move in time for 2 days. He then comments saying that I didn't go by the rules and he keeps playing the game. So do I get the win or what?...

From the rules posted in the Original Post:

Quote:If at any point you see that your opponent has not made a move in "2 days" on your games list, take a screenshot of it. If this
game is not completed by Feb 21st, simply send me the screenshot instead of the replay and you will be awarded the win (make sure to give me all the other information listed below in "REPORTING MATCHES" as well). If the game is not finished by the 21st and both players have screenshots of their opponent showing "2 days" of waiting, it will be considered a double-forfeit.

GC Name: s4mbita
Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 02:12 AM by GreatGonzales.)
So, I guess you're not recording the number of turns this time awpertunity? Wondering how you plan to seed the elimination bracket when the pools round is over. Hmm, I guess you will use the seed to reconcile ties.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-29-2013, 03:20 AM
(01-29-2013 12:57 AM)StratZ- Wrote:  Hey so like, I sent you a picture of the game result because the guy I was facing didn't make a move in time for 2 days. He then comments saying that I didn't go by the rules and he keeps playing the game. So do I get the win or what?...

As per the rules on the first page, the '2 days' limit only matters if the game is still going after February 21st. If the game is finished before that date, the fact that he took a long time for one turn does not matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-29-2013, 03:53 AM

From 1st page rules...
If at any point you see that your opponent has not made a move in "2 days" on your games list, take a screenshot of it. If this
game is not completed by Feb 21st, simply send me the screenshot instead of the replay and you will be awarded the win (make sure to give me all the other information listed below in "REPORTING MATCHES" as well).

So, you should continue you game as usual at least until 21st of February.
01-29-2013, 05:22 AM
(01-27-2013 09:12 PM)mx666 Wrote:  Fresh thought about user PiDragoKing
- asked me if I can start Thorn Guley instead of him - I agreed
- he got no free slots for 2 days - I was waiting
- he said he'll let me know when he got 1 free - I was waiting
- he replayed yesterday he have a slot - I tried to invite him - no free slot
- wrote him back - he said it's already taken....
I say this is not a sport cooperation. I don't have to agree to start the game for him in that case right?

Let me know when you are able to get a game with PiDragoKing, I am in the same situation too. Thanks!
01-29-2013, 05:27 AM
(01-29-2013 05:22 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  
(01-27-2013 09:12 PM)mx666 Wrote:  Fresh thought about user PiDragoKing
- asked me if I can start Thorn Guley instead of him - I agreed
- he got no free slots for 2 days - I was waiting
- he said he'll let me know when he got 1 free - I was waiting
- he replayed yesterday he have a slot - I tried to invite him - no free slot
- wrote him back - he said it's already taken....
I say this is not a sport cooperation. I don't have to agree to start the game for him in that case right?

Let me know when you are able to get a game with PiDragoKing, I am in the same situation too. Thanks!

I'm not in your group or anything but I just typed his name in and he has an open slot.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
01-29-2013, 05:28 AM
Zrotgar and Dr.LASR,
I am waiting for an invitation to play our assigned World Cup matches. I attempted to start the matches for you, but your game quota is full. Thanks
01-29-2013, 06:28 AM
(01-29-2013 02:11 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  So, I guess you're not recording the number of turns this time awpertunity? Wondering how you plan to seed the elimination bracket when the pools round is over. Hmm, I guess you will use the seed to reconcile ties.

Hehe, they will be back for the Group Play round! No, seed will not be used to reconcile any ties.
01-29-2013, 08:28 AM
(01-29-2013 06:28 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 02:11 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  So, I guess you're not recording the number of turns this time awpertunity? Wondering how you plan to seed the elimination bracket when the pools round is over. Hmm, I guess you will use the seed to reconcile ties.

Hehe, they will be back for the Group Play round! No, seed will not be used to reconcile any ties.

Oh, then how are you going to reconcile cases where two people are both 6/0/0 in their pool? For example.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
(01-29-2013 08:28 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 06:28 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  

Oh, then how are you going to reconcile cases where two people are both 6/0/0 in their pool? For example.

How can two people go 6-0-0? If two people go 5-1 then I look at just head-to-head. Only thing I'm worried about are 3-way-ties but for now just hoping it doesn't occur haha.