Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonus Wit Spaces Perks
01-13-2013, 05:14 AM
Bonus Wit Spaces Perks
I am by-no-means saying that this should happen, just an interesting thought that came to me and wanted to share with everyone.

What if there was a perk to placing a unit on a blank wit space?

1) The perks that I thought of was that it give you the wit mid-turn (like the wit-per kill rule). This would add an interesting dynamic to a game, especially being able to move a unit for free first turn. Or when taking some one else's wit space, it would take less turns to reap the benefits.

2) The other perk that came to mind is what if it was a heal spot, without need of medic. (And only if the wit space was unclaimed could this perk be used, so that players can't just put injured units on there and next turn they be healed) The unit wouldn't be healed to max, but only spawn strength.

Again, this is just a random thought that occurred to me and wanted to share it with the OML Forum.

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: Bonus Wit Spaces Perks
This would once again rewrite strategy for Outwitters, but honestly I think it would be pretty cool if capturing an empty wit space gives you back a wit. But it would make attacking that much harder... (as in, stepping on an opponent wit space for just one turn wouldn't hurt them at all, since they would just get the wit back by reclaiming it next turn)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-13-2013, 09:07 AM
I doubt this would happen considering it would move even further away from Adam and Alex's "simple rules" strategy game. But it sure is neat.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable rule change to me. The wit space gives us a wit per turn. Why not get the benefit on the turn you take it?
01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Lol. I was by no means saying that this should happen, it was just an interesting thought that came to me.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Getting wit back immediately makes makes wit raiding less important, which I think would make the game less dynamic and interesting.

The heal would raise interesting tactical options though. I like that.
I agree that it might be more complexity than it's worth from a design perspective, but that would be a fun rule.

I'd really like to see a collection of rules that sometimes get added randomly at the start of the match. Call them "Mutation Rounds" or something. This would force people to think on the fly and keep strategy fresh. Plus the devs could keep track of statistics to see how they affect game balance and use them as reference for future updates.

Example "Mutation Round" rules:
1) Unclaimed Wit space heals unit. (Max +1 bit more exciting for a sometimes rule.)
2) All barriers are descrutable with 4 hp.
3) Bases start at 2 hp.
4) Wit spaces generate double Wit.
5) Units can attack multiple times per turn.
etc.

I think having, say, 10% of matches be "Mutation Rounds" would be a lot of fun and add a lot of freshness to the game. Smile

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )