Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 first turn quitters
01-11-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 07:55 PM by spoboyle.)
2v2 first turn quitters
I had this a couple of times where i enter a 2v2 match and my opponent is quitting on the first turn.

anyone else had this?

is this a case of someone with 2 devices entering a 2v2 to play by them selves so they can control 2 teams and/or get an easy win on their main account if their 2 accounts end up in opposition?

Replay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: 2v2 first turn quitters
When your 2v2 partner starts a new game you can decline the game instead of joining it and making your 1st turn. I think that's what happened, the game was declined.
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I doubt that one would go to the extremes of playing against themselves and forfeiting for wins. However, you can't be sure how you will go, especially in random 2v2 matchups.
01-11-2013, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 11:16 PM by spoboyle.)
This random and I'm losing points if they are declining I shouldn't lose points for it
01-11-2013, 11:27 PM
You're losing points for your opponent quitting?
01-12-2013, 12:13 AM
no for my random partner quitting on their first turn
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Maybe they don't like that map? The opponents?

A lot of reasons, maybe. I played random a bit, did decently well for a while, but never had that problem. I view the random 2v2 always as a risk. They may be hidden ranked close to you, but you never know what you are going to do and how effective they will be as a partner. This is why I liked teamed 2v2 much, much more because you get used to how each other moves, and it is easier to communicate because you know how each other will move. That, and they will make more intelligent decisions and not cover your spawn, or purposefully take your wit spaces. (There are times where I have had to have my wit space taken or take my friendly's wit space for defense purposes, and it's easier to forgive. lol)

So my suggestion, maybe play 1 or 2 random games, but since your in the forums, become friends with someone, join a clan find someone to play with and enjoy the games, as opposed to always worrying what your opponent my do to screw up your ranking.

GC: TheGreatAnt