Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasons are less interesting. Tournaments are where its at!
01-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Seasons are less interesting. Tournaments are where its at!
Ever since they started this new season and reset our points, I have less and less interest in trying to rank up and gain points. Now tourneys have taken over as my main goal. It reminds me of my good ol arcade days with 64 man tourneys. It feels like a true test of skill and performing under pressure. I think tournaments shoould become a true part of the game with ranks associated with them. How do you all feel?

Clever League movin on up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: Seasons are less interesting. Tournaments are where its at!
Also, that is kind of the reason why 2v2 exists. It adds variety and excitement. For me? I try to do a little of everything.

Everything is where its at.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-11-2013, 04:12 AM
It's funny because the season is the only reason I care even a little about points. Before the seasons were added I couldn't have cared less about them.

Regarding tournament integration, that would be cool. I imagined an end of season tournament where everyone in each division is invited to a tournament. The tournament would be BO64 so the top 64 players have priority. If a player doesn't accept the tournament invite in 4 days the system doesn't add them and the tournament starts with whoever accepted. If fewer than 64 players accepted then some players will have a bi in the first round. The winner of the tournament gets a trophy for their profile's "trophy section" (something which would be added).

The tournament would be a simple best of 1 for every round and the turn time limit for these games would be 1 day per turn. There are no league points or hidden-rating values being influenced and you only have to accept the invite if you feel you can dedicate the required time.

Trophy Section
First
Second
Third
RO8
RO16

The community run tournaments can be much more elaborate, but this would still be a fun in-game tournament system that involves players of all skill levels.
01-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Don't forget to qualify into the tournament the next super duper titans tournament u have to do well on the season
01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Im waitning till next season, or when i get 35 games. I Like seasons. Id like it more if the qualifing game at the start would actually effect league placement a bit more. Or even who you verse in-league.

Though i feel like every game i play and lose, will be there forever effecting my skill rating.
Is it like averageing. Are my first 10 losses still weighing me down.
Is my first games still effecting my skill rating.

@imperialSun. I tried to click on trophies. Uderlined means hyperlink to me><

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
(01-11-2013 08:41 AM)brayton Wrote:  Im waitning till next season, or when i get 35 games. I Like seasons. Id like it more if the qualifing game at the start would actually effect league placement a bit more. Or even who you verse in-league.

Though i feel like every game i play and lose, will be there forever effecting my skill rating.
Is it like averageing. Are my first 10 losses still weighing me down.
Is my first games still effecting my skill rating.

@imperialSun. I tried to click on trophies. Uderlined means hyperlink to me><

In short no. If you've got a lot of games under your belt, you can rest assured your first games aren't effecting your ranking anymore.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan