Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strategies?
07-06-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: Strategies?
Any advice on neutralizing an enemy offensive? I'm learning this somewhat, but then I find I'm completely on the defensive, staying out of range and essentially putting up a meat wall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 05:38 AM
You will not get anywhere if you counter enemy Runners with your own Runners - you have to break the symmetry. If you keep destroying your opponents units without losing too many of your own, you are holding your ground - at some point your opponent has to give up his offensive - or you can slowly work around it with a Runner and/or a Soldier.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 05:40 AM
(07-06-2012 05:28 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Any advice on neutralizing an enemy offensive? I'm learning this somewhat, but then I find I'm completely on the defensive, staying out of range and essentially putting up a meat wall.

I'm not great, but like most of the beta testers am owning so far (5-1). I find that there is a certain feng shui to the game. Yes, it gets very tactical at times and counting wits matters, but you can plan an offensive but studying the space and the potential flow of movement. If you can overload a side of the board, or control the center and have the ability to flow in one direction, you can win. On defense, as long as you can sense which way they are trying to flow, you can effeciently counter to prevent being overloaded. If you can counter with minimal force, you can attack or prepare to attack elsewhere.
07-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Dude best stratgy ever, Heavy with 5 HP and a medic behind = unstoppable at a choke point
07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
(07-06-2012 06:07 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  Dude best stratgy ever, Heavy with 5 HP and a medic behind = unstoppable at a choke point

I counter with a soldier and a trailing sniper.
07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
(07-06-2012 03:07 PM)shadowkhai Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 06:07 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  Dude best stratgy ever, Heavy with 5 HP and a medic behind = unstoppable at a choke point

well i counter with a scout rush in, rape ur sniper my heavy owns ur soldier gg for u
07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
It's amazing how fast the meta shifted from extreme scout rushing to a more defensive play.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Probably because so many people were just scout rushing. A majority of people probably figured out that starting off with good scout placement and a heavy/medic, or a couple soldiers at choke points, is pretty effective at stopping the early loss of 1 or 2 base points.
07-07-2012, 04:07 AM
(07-06-2012 04:35 PM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 03:07 PM)shadowkhai Wrote:  

well i counter with a scout rush in, rape ur sniper my heavy owns ur soldier gg for u

I was just stating that at a choke point your heavy/medic combo is not "unstoppable".

As for what you want to do to my sniper, he'd probably appreciate you buying him dinner first.