Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strategies?
07-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Strategies?
Well I've played a couple games and I've noticed people scout rushing. Anyone got any strategies they won't mind sharing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Strategies?
I'm not sure, I've been one of the people scout rushing because... why not if it's not stopped.

It would be nice to know a strategy to defend against it. Those scouts can move a long way.

I don't think they can jump over top of units or into areas they can't see. Does that mean build walls of units wherever you don't want them to go? That sounds expensive.
07-06-2012, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 01:01 AM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-06-2012 12:55 AM)bigredsk10 Wrote:  I'm not sure, I've been one of the people scout rushing because... why not if it's not stopped.

It would be nice to know a strategy to defend against it. Those scouts can move a long way.

I don't think they can jump over top of units or into areas they can't see. Does that mean build walls of units wherever you don't want them to go? That sounds expensive.

To quote from the 'Tips for New Players'-Thread:
(07-05-2012 12:46 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
  • You cannot move or see through enemy units and vice versa. It can be handy to form walls with your units on specific maps to prevent your opponent from running or looking past your defenses.

Of course, this is highly dependent on the map you are on. Positioning Snipers in such a way that they can shoot the Runners before their second jump (which will bring them to your base) would work. Otherwise pushing them back bit by bit and most importantly: you do not need to kill a Runner next to your base - it will take 5 turns for that thing to destroy your base. Keep a cool head and outwit your opponent!

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Soldiers are good at shutting down scouts that pick apart your snipers and medics. Also countering with own scouts is ok imo, but doesn't really solve the problem since it only becomes a series of trades. personally i find the health-2 scouts especially pesky because you can't just send in an emergency scout of your own to deal with it.
Most of my games atm boil down to positioning scouts and warriors at the choke points just so my healer and sniper stay alive for one more turn.^^

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Keep in mind that I've only played a few games, so I still have much to learn. I've been beaten soundly by people who keep a healer next to a spawn tile, then increase each unit's HP before sending them out to do battle. Makes them MUCH more difficult to kill.
07-06-2012, 03:05 AM
(07-06-2012 03:03 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Keep in mind that I've only played a few games, so I still have much to learn. I've been beaten soundly by people who keep a healer next to a spawn tile, then increase each unit's HP before sending them out to do battle. Makes them MUCH more difficult to kill.

Yup, that's the basic use for the Medic. Advanced variations of this include protecting the Medic against a Runner-surprise-kill with 2 Soldiers/Heavies and occasionally bringing the Medic a few spaces to the front to heal a Heavy or Soldier who returned damaged from the front.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-06-2012, 03:08 AM
The runner rush will only work for so long, Keeping a soldier or two at your base will stop the rush usually.

We have forks, you will have no quarter.
07-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Map vision is pretty important. If you can see them coming, you can stop them. (because seeing them means someone's within range to take them out).

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
07-06-2012, 04:47 AM
(07-06-2012 03:05 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 03:03 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Keep in mind that I've only played a few games, so I still have much to learn. I've been beaten soundly by people who keep a healer next to a spawn tile, then increase each unit's HP before sending them out to do battle. Makes them MUCH more difficult to kill.

Yup, that's the basic use for the Medic. Advanced variations of this include protecting the Medic against a Runner-surprise-kill with 2 Soldiers/Heavies and occasionally bringing the Medic a few spaces to the front to heal a Heavy or Soldier who returned damaged from the front.

I'm sure this is a noob thing too, but it seems like my games go so fast there is little time to set up anything like you describe.
07-06-2012, 05:05 AM
(07-06-2012 04:47 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 03:05 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

I'm sure this is a noob thing too, but it seems like my games go so fast there is little time to set up anything like you describe.

Yes, in the Fluffy leage, I suspect games will go pretty fast. Once you know how to neutralize an enemy offensive and not just blindly rush in response you will have time for these setups and then the positioning game begins.