Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate Outwitters' maps, please!
01-10-2013, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 01:09 AM by Harti.)
Rate Outwitters' maps, please!
There have been various interesting threads with polls on them, like What is your strongest 1v1 map?, What is the most annoying 2v2 map?, Which 1v1 maps are the fairest and why?, but these polls have one big drawback: You'll only get a vague tendency, more of a distribution percentage on maps. You can tell which ones are significantly better than the rest - but you can not tell which ones are bad. Except ones that never get votes.

So with the New Outwitters Map Creator I developed recently, there's now a good chance to both vote on AND to make balance suggestions to the existing Outwitters maps (by forking). You have always been complaining about Peekaboo? Well then give it a shot, fork Peekaboo and create Peekaboo 2.

Do not forget to rate good maps, though. Here are all OML maps ever released:
Maps by One Man Left

It only takes five seconds to rate a map. Thanks for taking your time to help Outwitters become better!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: Rate Outwitters' maps, please!
Would be great to be able to add a description to your map to explain the idea behind it!

I created alternative versions for Peekaboo and Foundry. For Peekaboo the idea is to make it smaller to give feedback a better chance to take out defense bombshells. On Foundry the back spawn point is a bit closer so the one on defense won't be as punished when creating units from that spawn.

Soldier spam FTW
01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
(01-10-2013 02:02 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Would be great to be able to add a description to your map to explain the idea behind it!

I created alternative versions for Peekaboo and Foundry. For Peekaboo the idea is to make it smaller to give feedback a better chance to take out defense bombshells. On Foundry the back spawn point is a bit closer so the one on defense won't be as punished when creating units from that spawn.

+1 I also would like to be able to add some text to go along with a map that I create.
01-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Good idea, but that request rather goes into the software thread, doesn't it?
Anyway, I don't see a good place in the UI to place a description, despite a place to edit it. Creating it would be a matter of half an hour or so.

I've got an idea but it'd take a while... :O

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't get the concept of map balancing. Unless you start with a heavy near the opponent's base, how can a map be unfair? Sure, stages like Peekaboo are prone to turtling, but it doesn't favor P1 or P2 more; it's just a characteristic of the stage.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-10-2013, 02:49 PM
(01-10-2013 11:59 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I don't get the concept of map balancing. Unless you start with a heavy near the opponent's base, how can a map be unfair? Sure, stages like Peekaboo are prone to turtling, but it doesn't favor P1 or P2 more; it's just a characteristic of the stage.

Maps can be unfair as in they favourite one team over others, or in general allow one player to have a generally unavoidable advantage over the other, whether it be strong FTA, STA or straight out rushing.
01-10-2013, 06:39 PM
(01-10-2013 11:59 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I don't get the concept of map balancing. Unless you start with a heavy near the opponent's base, how can a map be unfair? Sure, stages like Peekaboo are prone to turtling, but it doesn't favor P1 or P2 more; it's just a characteristic of the stage.

http://omc.harti.us/76/
http://omc.harti.us/24/
01-10-2013, 06:47 PM
(01-10-2013 06:39 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  

http://omc.harti.us/76/
http://omc.harti.us/24/

I call FTA Tongue
01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
I will rate the maps.
But, they are only all maps released by OML to the Public*.
The old, super unblenced, 1 wit/flag space, FTA maps from beta. I missed those designs.
I miss the designs, NOT playing on them.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]