Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
04-24-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
What if they want to focus really hard on TTL 2 so they can finish as soon as possible and get money as soon as possible so then they have enough money to support TTL 2 AND continue to support Outwitters again?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Dont be scared though! In an official statement alex(adam? cant remember)said that they were contemplating the idea of an Outwitters 2!

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-26-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 08:53 PM by Harti.)
MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES!

All maps created between 04/26 6:00 AM GMT+1 and now are irreversibly gone!

old post:

As most of you know, I had developed the Outwitters Link Replacer plugin. To achieve this, I set up a mybb forum. I put it onto the same database I developed most of my leisure projects on, including the Outwitters Map Creator.

Just now, I received a note from my webspace provider that the forum got attacked by a network of bots and had to be shut down. That wasn't too much of an issue because the OMC part was unaffected. However, I was told to resolve the issue ASAP, and I am at work so I was in a hurry to get back to work as soon as possible, too.
When I marked the forum databases for removal, I have - unintentionally - included the OMC data tables, too, although they had a different prefix (mybb_ as opposed to outwitters_maps_). I don't know how exactly that happened because I (at least think I) paid attention, knowing exactly that the OMC is within the same database.
When prompted whether I really want to delete the selected databases, I scanned the prefixes if I included wrong tables. So my finger went to click yes and did so while I noticed that there was something with "maps" included. While I would have wanted to cancel the running deletion, it's too late.
Because I was in such a hurry I didn't feel I'd need to create a backup for the OMC either. Damn it, I didn't want it to end like this, I'd really have moved the site over to the new servers. Had I not been snowed under with work and exhausted in the evenings throughout the last couple of weeks, I would already have moved the site over and this wouldn't have happened. I do not even have a backup of the database tables because my desktop had a HDD failure last week.

I'll try to contact the customer support, but for the time being I think this is irreversible.

TL;DR: I erased all maps and feel like an idiot.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
04-26-2013, 11:17 PM
No worries, Harti. I understand the real-world stress problems. I have finals coming up in a week. It's not going to be fun.

And hey, we're all human. We make mistakes and super annoying problems for ourselve. Besides, this will give a chance for everyone to have fresh ideas and make brand new ones! =]

I forgive you, Harti. It's not the end of the world for me. No need to throw more stress on yourself. =]

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-28-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 01:40 AM by Kipsie.)
Hey, we love you guys! Thank you for all you do!
I've done worse things!
Remember, it's just a game...

"The only Christian work is good work, well done." Dorothy Sayers
05-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Why are there warnings on every OMC page?

05-05-2013, 12:52 AM
(05-01-2013 11:18 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Why are there warnings on every OMC page?

That's because I had my provider update the PHP version and the new version likes to throw warnings for what I did. Frankly, I should have programmed it better.

I noticed it a couple days ago and forgot to fix it.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
The server move appears to be pretty much done now.
I may have to remove the image saving feature for saving disk space and bandwidth if used too excessively.

New URL:
http://omc.wappdesign.net

Let me know when there's something not working.

06-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Are we able to play on any of these created maps in Outwitters in friendlies?

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
06-05-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 11:24 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Nope.
Its a fan made website, used to show other people your map ideas, how you think maps can be better by forking maps, and maps that can be really silly, just for fun or interesting games but not really for real games so it is in the fun section. You can make creative map art too, and "satire," whatever that is.
I did have an idea where i make a map, then give someone else the password and then we'd edit the map for the moves we take and the kills we make, then save it so the next "turn" could happen