Wit pads aren't the same on both sides

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
(03-20-2013 02:08 PM)Spidêr Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 02:49 PM)Erenan Wrote:  Aesthetically, I like it. However, if you put a Bombshell on the short grass tile adjacent to both the hole and the wooden pylons, you can bomb one enemy wit space directly, splash damage the other enemy wit space, and splash damage one of your own wit spaces. Also, not necessarily a problem, but it's fourteen hexes wide, while all existing OML created maps are thirteen or fewer.

I don't see how you can hit one wit space with a bs and splash the other? They are not close enough. In fact, you can not even hit a spot between them and splash both. To be honest I'm not sure which tile you are talking about, can you maybe draw on a copied image so I can see what you mean?

And while the max width is 14 tiles, the actual playing field is no greater than 10 tiles wide at any given point. So that clears that issue up, doesn't it?

He's saying that the Bombshell can splash 3 wit spaces and the base at that position not all of them at the same time.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 01:26 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
(03-20-2013 09:34 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 02:08 PM)Spidêr Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 02:49 PM)Erenan Wrote:  Aesthetically, I like it. However, if you put a Bombshell on the short grass tile adjacent to both the hole and the wooden pylons, you can bomb one enemy wit space directly, splash damage the other enemy wit space, and splash damage one of your own wit spaces. Also, not necessarily a problem, but it's fourteen hexes wide, while all existing OML created maps are thirteen or fewer.

I don't see how you can hit one wit space with a bs and splash the other? They are not close enough. In fact, you can not even hit a spot between them and splash both. To be honest I'm not sure which tile you are talking about, can you maybe draw on a copied image so I can see what you mean?

And while the max width is 14 tiles, the actual playing field is no greater than 10 tiles wide at any given point. So that clears that issue up, doesn't it?

He's saying that the Bombshell can splash 3 wit spaces and the base at that position not all of them at the same time.

Correct. I didn't mean that you could splash one and hit the other with a single shot, only that they are both within range from that hex. This isn't necessarily a big problem, of course. The only real way to know for sure if it's imbalanced in Scallywags' favor is to play lots of games on the map and see what happens. Sadly, we cannot. Sad

(03-20-2013 03:53 PM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Wit pads aren't the same on both sides

This, however, is a problem, and I'm amazed that I didn't notice earlier.
I made a fork. Hope you don't mind. I mean no disrespect. I just liked the map and thought I'd tinker with it for fun. Smile

[Image: 567.png]

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2013, 01:27 PM
How did you post your maps after creating them?

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
(03-22-2013 01:27 PM)baopu Wrote:  How did you post your maps after creating them?

Click the little black button below the rating and to the left of your username.
03-22-2013, 09:33 PM
(03-20-2013 03:53 PM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Wit pads aren't the same on both sides

wow can't believe I over looked this..
03-23-2013, 12:18 AM
(03-21-2013 01:13 PM)Erenan Wrote:  I made a fork. Hope you don't mind. I mean no disrespect. I just liked the map and thought I'd tinker with it for fun. Smile

[Image: 567.png]

No disrespect taken, but I would request that your fork keeps the original name to give credit Smile
03-23-2013, 02:14 AM
(03-22-2013 08:39 PM)Quantum Apocalypse Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 01:27 PM)baopu Wrote:  How did you post your maps after creating them?

Click the little black button below the rating and to the left of your username.

Thanks Quantum Apocalypse. I think I'll come to you for all my Q&A. Eh? Eh? Get it!? Oh, man, do I ever find myself hopelessly hilarious.

Anyway, here is my map

I realize it is not even top to bottom, that was a mistake on my part. It is hard to count at 1 in the morning.

03-23-2013, 02:28 AM
I don't like that you have no choice but to spawn 2 runners as your opening move if you want your wit pads

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-23-2013, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 03:08 AM by baopu.)
Right, but you have three bonus wits so you don't necessarily have to get all three your first turn, though I don't know why you wouldn't want to. The nice thing is that the third one is sufficiently far enough away that you wouldn't have to worry about losing it. The same can't be said about the other two. You'd also need a medic if you don't want your sniper getting taken out on turn two.

Really though, I just liked the pattern and it was my first go at making a map.
(03-23-2013 02:28 AM)Ryzuma Wrote:  I don't like that you have no choice but to spawn 2 runners as your opening move if you want your wit pads

I added a runner for each team...