Poll: What's your gender?
I am a male
I am a male, but I'd like to be a female (for a few days at least)
I am a female
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do females play Outwitters?
01-10-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 07:59 PM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Do females play Outwitters?
(01-10-2013 04:59 PM)brayton Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 03:55 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 10:41 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 06:31 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  How would Necrocat know my gender? I haven't suggested anything one way or another. And the rest of you guys!

I'm a Deviantart Fanatic, and as soon as anyone pops up who seems arty I can't resist stalking their gallery Tongue

Hmm... yeah, it says it right on my profile: "Anthony".

;^_^) Do I seem that girly to you?

Emuchu, that last smilie looks very necrocatish.
Go necro, stalkers unite
I find it a little creepy that your name is deadcat. Its catchy, but creepy like catcopter.
I think games may get more attrative/supporive of females, like the non-violent catagory. But it might just be theyd prefer to spend an hour on facebook than an hour gaming. Its like the amount of girls doing ICT and computers at school.
It may get more appeal when/if society becomes more technologically intergrated.

Tell me, why dont you(females) like gaming as much, waste of time? Stressful

@Emuchu To be completely fair I hadn't given it thought on the forums as you speak from a unisex point of view, but I hadn't really thought about it until I was looking at your art and it just occurred to me.

Also I've played competative pokemon but on the Smogon servers on PO which is another emulator instead, I haven't seemed to have experienced much of a negative attitude towards girls on there - whenever there's a sexist comment the fairly large amount of girls on there tell them off which is quite good regulation

@Brayton Well that's what the Easter hemisphere usually uses as smileys, I use it often because of users on DA/watching and talking about anime.

Uh... Well I better make sure I get a helicopter cat as my next avatar! I thought necrocat219 sounded kinda funky four years ago and I still like it, it's not meant to be creepy Smile (If you see the drawings of my representative OC's they aren't too badly)

Also *apparently, and I can't think of where I got this hazy statistic* But I heard that approx 40% of gamers are female, the pressure of a gaming industry geared towards guys can put bad images in a lot of guys minds, making putting your gender down on profiles attrat unwanted attention unfortunately (I'm sure that I must have beed influenced too as well subconciously)

Some of the wierdest times I've had are when I'm in a game and becuse I have cat in my name they assume I'm a girl... And I've found that a guys behaviour changes so much depending on if you're a guy or girl : / I find that frustrating so I hide mine to unbias as much as possible. You guys know I'm a guy, I feel comfortable that this community isn't sexist, but I'm anonymous everywhere else unless asked.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm sure if I played FARMVILLE there would be more females
01-10-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 11:37 PM by brayton.)
Yes, necrocat has a nice ring to it.

Im confused as to why people are sexist online.
It could be since they are "nameless" and resistant to.....
Just everything.

This might be seen as sexist, but i think too much stress is put on gender equallity in the 1st world countries. They(females) hardly need to "fight" for rights.

This is definatly a more mature community. Is it the genré. Is it the size and devs. Out of all strategy game forums(AW, Uniwars, thats pretty much it) these seem most thoughtful.
Also, say if there are a reasonable amount of females playing outwitters. How many are the kind that venture to forums. How many make accounts. I think a very* small amount.
Necrocat, whats the easter hemisphere. Eastern hemisphere. Is that japan, china, korea, ect.
Im confused. As often

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-11-2013, 03:53 AM
(01-10-2013 07:52 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I'm sure if I played FARMVILLE there would be more females
You would also find a lot of 40+ females. lol

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Another side of the story: how open are you about your age?

01-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Is this everyone or just females.
Honestly im somewhat ashamed/hiding my age since im so young and stupid.
Just cause everyone is like <gifted> <master> <supertitan> and im like "dahh, what do i do now?"

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-12-2013, 01:37 AM
(01-11-2013 08:08 AM)brayton Wrote:  Is this everyone or just females.
Just cause everyone is like <gifted> <master> <supertitan> and im like "dahh, what do i do now?"
lol. Understandable. But I think as a young player, it is good to talk with an older group because it gives you an idea of strategy for the game, and not to be stupid...as a lot of young kids are. But don't worry. Everyone here was stupid when they were younger and had to figure out what worked best for them. So don't be ashamed of whatever league you are in. Enjoy the game and always look for ways to grow, in the game, and in maturity and life. Things get better if you work towards it and do your best. No worries.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-12-2013, 01:58 AM
(01-12-2013 01:37 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 08:08 AM)brayton Wrote:  Is this everyone or just females.
lol. Understandable. But I think as a young player, it is good to talk with an older group because it gives you an idea of strategy for the game, and not to be stupid...as a lot of young kids are. But don't worry. Everyone here was stupid when they were younger and had to figure out what worked best for them. So don't be ashamed of whatever league you are in. Enjoy the game and always look for ways to grow, in the game, and in maturity and life. Things get better if you work towards it and do your best. No worries.

My 2v2 partner is a little kid (if he told me the truth) and we are pretty suck Fluffy League but it's still very fun Big Grin

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
01-12-2013, 04:55 AM
As far as i'm aware, this is the only place i've ever publicized my age (besides that one guy on another forum who thought i was a lawyer Confused)

01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
I have to say this thread is amusing...Here's my two cents.

I don't know why girls don't play more video games, and I'm not the best girl to ask considering I do play them. But I think the male communities being so hostile sometimes does scare us away, I know it has scared me away from many games and it is one of the reasons that I usually stick to single player games. Another reason is that in general, girls are less competitive, so multiplayer games aren't always enjoyable for me, I don't enjoy getting my ass kicked when I start a multiplayer game and I don't always have the competitive drive to get better at it? Males are biologically programmed to be more competitive, and this is the same reason in my opinion that females are not as interested in watching sports. In addition, even though I do know other females who play video games, the majority of my females friends don't, so video games are not a social thing for me. I don't hang out with my (female) friends and play or talk about video games, and because I don't play many multiplayer games, I don't make many online video game friends. I know it's probably not true for all guys, but for most guys I know video gaming is often a social experience, and for girls it's often just not quite the same.

I personally don't agree with the idea that most girls think of it as degenerate behavior, or women thinking that it has anything to do with attractivesness. I haven't really seen these attitudes in the women I know, and I certainly never had this idea conciously or subconsciously, if anything most guys I've known like the fact that I play video games. And for the record, I started playing video games long before I had any boyfriends.

My personal opinion is that it is a complex issue, and no single factor can explain it. But all of the above being said, I still think that there are more of us girls in the gaming world than most people think.

Also, just for the record, I DO NOT play FarmVille Tongue.

Game Center ID: SarenneraS