Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements
(07-06-2012 12:53 AM)timcoffman Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 12:48 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I can agree to your point of view, I am just of the opinion that implementing 'Confirm?' dialogs to every non-undoable action would get on your nerves soon, because moving a unit may sometimes bring up the dialog (if it changes the fog of war) and sometimes it doesn't. All in all, I think this would complicate a hitherto simplistic UI and game.

(07-06-2012 12:37 AM)timcoffman Wrote:  Why should pointless actions be not possible? Is it any more or less of a "user error" than Un-shelling and re-shelling?

I would suggest that bombing near the edge of the fog of war is decidedly a non-pointless action WHEN you don't know what will happen in the fog. If you suspect an opponent is in the fog it totally makes sense to bomb next to him. But you could be wrong!
As it stands right now, every action in Outwitters has a clearly visible and known outcome. Allowing you to take your chances by firing blindly with a Bombshell close to the fog of war would break this because now your actions may yield results or they may not. One solution I proposed was giving the Bombshell a view of 4 spaces, but keep his shooting range at 3.
I dispute the assertion that "every action in Outwitters has a clearly visible and known outcome". Every move that changes the boundary of the fog of war has an unclear, unknowable outcome. That's my point.

Yes and no - yes, you don't know what is hidden in the fog of war; but no, you clearly know beforehand what parts of the map will become visible to you when you move your unit.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements - Kamikaze28 - 07-06-2012 12:57 AM