Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
07-06-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements
(07-06-2012 12:18 AM)timcoffman Wrote:  I would urge the designers to reconsider such a drastic decision, since it makes the difference between an enjoyable game that forgives my mistakes and a frustrating game that I will discard after a couple matches.

Seriously, there is not a contradiction between making a game fun and making it challenging- the lack of an undo capability makes the game less fun without increasing the challenge.

The user interface for every successful operating system on the market today has had UNDO capability for _decades_. Even this iPhone has UNDO.

While true, we are not talking about an operating system here, but a game where decisions should have meaning and consequences. The fog of war mechanic denies any undo related to troop movement, because then you could just scout out your enemy, undo all actions and respond to your enemies positioning which you now know ultimately eliminating the fog of war as a relevant mechanic.
Part of the challenge of Outwitters is dealing with surprises and using the fog of war to your advantage by sneaking a unit past your enemy without him/her noticing.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements - Kamikaze28 - 07-06-2012 12:23 AM