Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Suggestions
So far im really happy with the game and how its turned out. Big Grin
the animations and graphics look great andthe gameplay is both fun and challenging

Suggestions:
- adding a rematch button after a game is over (to have a chance to redeem yourself Tongue)

- maybe adding some unique abilities for each team to make them different but not big enough to make a team more favourable than any other
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Suggestions
(07-05-2012 05:40 PM)kyle6514 Wrote:  - adding a rematch button after a game is over (to have a chance to redeem yourself Tongue)
Adding such a rematch button to league games would facilitate win trading and essentially cheating the system to give you whatever rank and league you want, devaluating the whole process.
You are free however, to add your opponent from a league match to your friends list and challenge them to an unranked game afterwards, which will not affect anyones ranking.

(07-05-2012 05:40 PM)kyle6514 Wrote:  - maybe adding some unique abilities for each team to make them different but not big enough to make a team more favourable than any other
There are the special units for each team which enable very different strategies. Have you looked at the help section? Every special unit is explained there.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 06:15 PM
(07-05-2012 05:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 05:40 PM)kyle6514 Wrote:  - adding a rematch button after a game is over (to have a chance to redeem yourself Tongue)
Adding such a rematch button to league games would facilitate win trading and essentially cheating the system to give you whatever rank and league you want, devaluating the whole process.
You are free however, to add your opponent from a league match to your friends list and challenge them to an unranked game afterwards, which will not affect anyones ranking.

(07-05-2012 05:40 PM)kyle6514 Wrote:  - maybe adding some unique abilities for each team to make them different but not big enough to make a team more favourable than any other
There are the special units for each team which enable very different strategies. Have you looked at the help section? Every special unit is explained there.
Yep. and the special units can REALLY influence play style dramatically. Just wait until you get into more matches.
07-06-2012, 05:03 AM
(07-05-2012 05:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Adding such a rematch button to league games would facilitate win trading and essentially cheating the system to give you whatever rank and league you want, devaluating the whole process.
Are you saying that you can never play the same League opponent twice?
07-06-2012, 05:11 AM
(07-06-2012 05:03 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 05:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Adding such a rematch button to league games would facilitate win trading and essentially cheating the system to give you whatever rank and league you want, devaluating the whole process.
Are you saying that you can never play the same League opponent twice?

It's possible but unlikely given the vast amount of players available for matchup.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Interesting...
07-06-2012, 05:29 AM
They could certainly add a button for an unrated rematch.
07-06-2012, 05:56 AM
How many League players are there so far?
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Assuming a player were sad enough to have to cheat his ( or her) way into a higher ranking, for example, wouldn't that just result in them just being beaten in most matches and evenly distributing the points among the deserving players who earned their rank?
Don't let the possible acts of a small minority ruin an improvement to an already great game.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, the issue here is that you're assuming the 'cheating player' would decide to start playing normal league at some point. Since Outwitters accounts are free, if I were a fluffy player who really wanted to cheat my way to the top I would do so on an account I never planned to play legitimate ladder games on. Then I'd also just have my separate legitimate account where I play all my fluffy games. I don't really understand why people would want to get to the top of ladder without really being able to play at that level, but it's the same reason players use programs like Cheat Engine to get the highest scores in flash games. I don't understand that either, but apparently there are a lot of people out there who are into that kind of thing and unfortunately I don't see why Outwitters would be any different.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]