Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Game balancing
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Game balancing
(01-06-2013 02:51 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:40 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Notice that move/attack/teleport was almost never used until the update so the change would basically take them back to before update strength.

Really? I thought I saw plenty of cases of:
- move, kill, and teleport out of harms way
- move, attack, teleport out of the way, move to same spot, kill

I think this handicap would be much too large for the mobi.

I have to agree. It just feels like Mobi loses a part of it's 'intelligence' if you were to remove that.

Anyways, i think we should just wait for data so we can confirm any race to be OP (or UP).

So, hereby i'm going to ask to the devs kindly if they agree to publish their data Angel.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
(01-06-2013 02:51 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:40 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Notice that move/attack/teleport was almost never used until the update so the change would basically take them back to before update strength.

Really? I thought I saw plenty of cases of:
- move, kill, and teleport out of harms way
- move, attack, teleport out of the way, move to same spot, kill

I think this handicap would be much too large for the mobi.

Hm, yeah your right on the second instance, it was common to kill bombshells (and sometimes bases) by attacking twice from the same tile. Regarding the first one, it was used a lot but usually by people which didn't count the wits. Snipers might be the exception, but for the other units it was almost never worth it.

I want to clear up one thing I might not have been clear on. I think bombshells and mobis currently are balanced enough against each other. So the suggestions are not for fixing anything between them, but helping feedback and veggies. Veggies are by far the weakest and I can't see how any of the suggested veggie buffs will help against bombshells. 4hp bombshells are incredibly hard to kill, both feedback and adorables have tools for killing bombshells but veggies don't. Thorns will help gaining a wit here and there and defending against attacks, but I fail to see how they ever will be any help in taking out bombshells.

Soldier spam FTW
01-06-2013, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 09:48 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
I don't know what to do for veggies, but my opinion is:

-1 lp for bombshell
Make mobi able to move 2 cases instead of 3.
+1 lp for scrambler or make it able to move 4 cases away instead of 3.

Scrambler are, except if you're lucky, one-time usage. Once you scrambled, the scrambler will be at 90% of chance killed by a soldier. And bombshell is way too strong..

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 10:59 PM by brayton.)
First, if we lower bombshell health, kill radar, lower mobi mobi-lity(get it) we lose lots of fun from specials.
First(second, got you. Big Grin, mabey. Seriously.) the veggies have no real attack or offense, which makes balancing hard in terms of" how well does it kill".
I think scrambler is plenty good. It is mostly 1 use, but we don want it more than 1 use. It can be multi uses woth clever planning/ large enough attack, but by boosting health makes it harder to stop, and larger commitment from opponent. More movement range equals death. It is fine now. It can easily kill a defense. Usually beats bombshells on glitch.
Grater range would make it impossible.

Real problem is- bombshell often provides amazing (wit)effientcy after expensive set up.
2nd is the bramble. Most(probably all intelligent/sapient) bramble players only spawn 1. No need for more, you dont intend on it dying, its defensive. 2 is mostly pointless.
This leaves bramble with extra wits, rather than extra specials. This is spent on thorns/barriers or units. Problem- the thorns/barriers dont do much. Not too much. If barriers were more expensive and way better, or same (price)but capable of more (MORE!!!!).
Bramble cannot get much of an edge against bombshell. Scramblers scrable them, and break defenses. Mobi can sniper them. Bramble. O, it can build a wall, that can be killed easily after high investment. And this wall doesnt sub units. No, if its breached and not enough units, your dead.

Problem. Bramble too weak against all(mabey not scrambler?)
Problem. Bombshells CAN payoff well. (but expensive to start with).
Bramble not even worth it on large maps?

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-07-2013, 01:23 AM
(01-06-2013 01:40 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I too don't really like removing the possibility to teleport moved units, going crazy with teleports is one of the charms of adorables. But they are just too strong with it.

I totally agree that mobi is OP, but am suggesting that only fix it needs is to decrease his jumping ability from 3 to 2 hexes.
01-07-2013, 01:40 AM
(01-07-2013 01:23 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:40 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I too don't really like removing the possibility to teleport moved units, going crazy with teleports is one of the charms of adorables. But they are just too strong with it.

I totally agree that mobi is OP, but am suggesting that only fix it needs is to decrease his jumping ability from 3 to 2 hexes.

I think it wouldn't be nearly as useful then....
01-07-2013, 01:55 AM
It would still be useful it'll just require more planning

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
01-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Not really. It would be killed a lot easier and obviously less mobile. Which is the main advantage of mobi.
01-07-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 02:57 AM by ImperialSun.)
Regenerating thorns sounds like a great idea! Adding my vote to the list!

@necrocat219
p1noyboypj and ..Sir3.. Both switched teams before their declines in the rankings so its not necessarily due to the update making feedback any less viable (though it did provide a pretty good buff for adorables and a minor buff for the scallywags. I wonder who the highest ranking feedback players are though (hey just thought of a cool idea for OSN!).
01-07-2013, 03:11 AM
(01-06-2013 10:25 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Aha! I completely forgot the +1 wit per kill only making it a major boost for the Mobi.

Really? I always thought that +1 wit per kill boosted mostly the bombshell. Since now it's the only unit that can EARN wits! Up to 5 wits per shoot earning Smile

[Image: IMG_3418.png]