Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Game balancing
01-13-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Game balancing
(01-12-2013 01:31 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  If you want to show the 3HP thorns is a bad idea, the more effective way is to show that it loses to Scallywags just as bad as before.
They don't.
On Sharkfood Island, that is.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 04:08 AM
(01-13-2013 03:06 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 01:20 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  3 hp seems more balanced (I've seen some of the games).

I would like to try the regenerating idea though with thorns going back to 2 hp at the beginning of each veggie player's turn.

As for adorables, xixon, sniper moves aren't a problem at all. You can predict and attempt to defend appropriately against mobi sniper attacks. Hit and run on the other hand is a huge balance concern. Even if you know it's a possibility, unlike mobi sniper attacks, you often cannot prevent hit and run without giving up massive ground (and even then only delaying it for a turn). Hit and run is wit neutral if done correctly and gives the adorables player a unit advantage. In other words, that aspect of the adorables is broken while mobi sniper attacks are not.

I'm honestly getting sick of this discussion. Maybe at the very upper levels of play it has some balance issues. But sorry it's preventing scally from turtle the hell out of everyone? Scally turtles with a wall of bombshells are probably the most annoying this in the game. Particularly on maps like peekaboo.

Additionally, spawning a mobi would technically put you behind in the unit count anyways.

Peekaboo is shit map to play against scallywags.
If your on a big map, and your opponent spawns a bs, just attack from somewhere else.
The smaller maps require more strategy
01-13-2013, 05:17 AM
The mobi cost just as much as the other specials and yes they can port other units but they themself can't attack for any damage. So when you spawn a mobi you are instantly behind in attacking ability.

I have a hard time seeing how the mobi are over powerful, the only reason I started using adorables was because I was sick of losing to people who think turtling two bombshells is a strategy.

With adorables you can at least use you imagination.Rolleyes
01-13-2013, 06:14 AM
bump?

[Image: sig.png]
01-13-2013, 07:07 AM
(01-13-2013 04:08 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 03:06 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 01:20 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  3 hp seems more balanced (I've seen some of the games).

I would like to try the regenerating idea though with thorns going back to 2 hp at the beginning of each veggie player's turn.

As for adorables, xixon, sniper moves aren't a problem at all. You can predict and attempt to defend appropriately against mobi sniper attacks. Hit and run on the other hand is a huge balance concern. Even if you know it's a possibility, unlike mobi sniper attacks, you often cannot prevent hit and run without giving up massive ground (and even then only delaying it for a turn). Hit and run is wit neutral if done correctly and gives the adorables player a unit advantage. In other words, that aspect of the adorables is broken while mobi sniper attacks are not.

I'm honestly getting sick of this discussion. Maybe at the very upper levels of play it has some balance issues. But sorry it's preventing scally from turtle the hell out of everyone? Scally turtles with a wall of bombshells are probably the most annoying this in the game. Particularly on maps like peekaboo.

Additionally, spawning a mobi would technically put you behind in the unit count anyways.

Peekaboo is shit map to play against scallywags.
If your on a big map, and your opponent spawns a bs, just attack from somewhere else.
The smaller maps require more strategy

I understand that, and I am fine with that. What I don't get, is why when I say scally is OP on X Y and Z map, the response is "the smaller maps require more strategy", but then everyone complains about mobi users USING STRATEGY to beat scallys. Then the response is "well mobi is OP so it needs to be nerfed". Its a joke. Scally users may have to learn strategy against mobi players. Maybe some of you are only ranked so high because you turtle, which doesn't require much "strategy".

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-13-2013, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 07:57 AM by laYahooz.)
Playing scallywags requires a lot of strategy to beat the adorables on all maps. Especially thorn gulley. Also turtling is now a really hard strategy since the adorables can attack from various paths. Thus, turtling is a hard strategy to pull off effectively. Some of my favorite wins with scallywags have been those in which I successfully defend a mobi attack.
Also the adorables hit and run strategy, which is actually the best form of turtling now, is almost becoming as predictable then the bombshell turtling. I play veggies and feedback because every game I can have a more diverse strategy than the last.

On 3hp thorns, I think it will work. I still like my suggestion on that thorns CANNOT be targeted from range. 3hp thorns more suggest thorns must be targeted from range. I guess feedback will have to rush the veggies to win Tongue
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 09:36 AM by blckace.)
@Connor

Yikes, I honestly have never played a super titan from the top 50 that turtles, and I haven't seen any turtling replays at that level
I don't know why people think balance issues are pertaining to a certain group of players or a certain level, I think it affects all levels but not everyone knows they are disadvantaged. Also, because all players eventually get better at the game this imbalance will affect them.
I'm sorry to say this, your comments show that you don't understand the game very well or even what this thread is about
Please read previous threads for a better understanding before making ignorant comments?
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 10:56 AM by garcia1000.)
All I know is that all of the top scallywags players have changed to adorables.

Harti, if veggienauts are viable against scallywags, that is pretty good! They were already doing ok against adorables before. No idea about feedback.
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 01:32 PM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
3 Hp sounds crazy overpowered to me. (Which can be a good thing I guess) I'd rather have 1 or 2 Hp with no children/parent rules. Then the real fun would begin. Tongue

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
(01-13-2013 09:32 AM)blckace Wrote:  @Connor

Yikes, I honestly have never played a super titan from the top 50 that turtles, and I haven't seen any turtling replays at that level
I don't know why people think balance issues are pertaining to a certain group of players or a certain level, I think it affects all levels but not everyone knows they are disadvantaged. Also, because all players eventually get better at the game this imbalance will affect them.
I'm sorry to say this, your comments show that you don't understand the game very well or even what this thread is about
Please read previous threads for a better understanding before making ignorant comments?

To add on this, because the game is still quite new, there is a quite large 'strategical cliff' between the uber high ranked and the non-uber high ranked people. As the game exsists longer, more people begin to understand Super-Titan strategies, thus narrowing the strategical cliff. Therefore, Adorables being OP at high level play counts a bit heavier then Scallywags being OP at lower level play.

A different point of view of the same problem: if you play at a lower level, and you can't beat Scallywags, the simple solution is to play better, right?