Bombshell Analysis
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: Bombshell Nerf?
Lolwut?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
By what means are the scallywags weak? We do have some figures but these don't really represent the actual numbers. Yes, lots of players have been using the Adorables lately, if not switched completely to them, because of Reaper shenanigans and because they felt they'd have a better chance of countering Bombshell. Doesn't mean that the Adorables shine on every map.

In fact, one-spawn maps (except for Reaper) put them at a slight disadvantage as they cannot make up for the Mobi investment in terms of unit count. By spawning Mobi you decide to go without a Soldier/etc that turn and can be overwhelmed by a 4hp Soldier formation later (lack of units to attack). On two-spawn maps it takes the soldiers longer to come to you and you can simply build two yourself the turn after.

But sorry, I wasn't replying to the point.
I think that the radar ability should be taken away from the Bombshell but there shouldn't be much more of a nerf.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Will removeal of radar make bombshell UP. Does it make scallies too strong.
For me, its a large part of its use,
This should be renamed bombshell anaysis thread.
Please give thoughts on bombshell and OP issue

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
(01-05-2013 10:38 PM)brayton Wrote:  This should be renamed bombshell anaysis thread.
Please give thoughts on bombshell and OP issue
Done. Now with poll. Tongue

And I'm sorry, what's this radar issue you're mentioning...?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Bombshell Analysis
"radar" is where the bombshellchas a 'true' vision of 3, same as its 'full' attack and movement.
But it also has the ability to damage up to 4 tiles/hexes away, due to spash damage.
It UI(User Interface)/BSI(BombShell Interface Big Grin ) shows whether a unit is present in the shadows/FoW(Fog of War), but does not show what that unit is until fired near and damedged.
It doesnt if two units outside of 'full/true' attack/vision range cannot be hit with the same bombshell spash.

Radar detects other units(but may not be able to show them).

Thanks for the poll.
PS on a side note, does anyone else like to not reveal the BS(BombShell) until the opponent fully commits. I often(mabey not wisely) take out an enimy with another melee unit, just to catch them by surprise when they commit large amounts of grouped units.

01-06-2013, 12:39 AM
So you're saying you'd prefer if the splash damage didn't reveal the unit that it hits, since you can sort of fire a round off and get a free scout?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 12:51 AM
I like it how it is. Just to weak/difficult in situations where you cant have a scout without drawbacks.(space saving,spawn saving)
Might get too complecated/expensive to use effectivly. Plus then id need scouts around/behind BS, and that means less to protect it.

The only thing i dislike about bombshells, and strategy games in general is Turtles.
I love turtles in real life, but in games its someone who just builds defense.

01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
The bombshell is at point where it's not completely OP, but I think a two "technical" nerfs would make it more even:
-like the radar thing, if the enemy is in fog of war, you won't see that you can deal splash damage.
-shelling/unshelling is shown to the enemy through the fog of war (just as mobis' teleports are)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-06-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 09:54 AM by ImperialSun.)
Adam and Alex ran the stats and said Bombshell is balanced. No use arguing otherwise as far as I'm concerned. As someone stated before, Bombshell has the easiest learning curve. Perhaps this is why the perception is that Bombshells are somehow better. Well apparently that's false. The bombshell may take "less skill", but that does not mean it isn't balanced. I do think we can iron out some quirks here and there like the 'radar' on bombshell which doesn't really make sense, but I think we should be careful with any kind of radical changes at this point.

Besides discussion on how to fix Veggienauts, I think we can give Bombshell 'OP' discussion a rest for now because according to OML this is not really a huge concern by comparison.
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Despite the title of the thread, going back to the Veggienauts, do people feel that giving the ability to unroot specific thorns (and its descendants) could make the Bramble more balanced with the other specials or would be too powerful?

I haven't really played with them yet, so just speculating....