Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: Buff?
Something as simple as allowing thorns to receed/disappear at will would help a lot. Make it free and treat it exactly the same as killing the thorn, therefore all children etc disappear with it.

Another option my teammate and I were talking about is allow the bramble to "entangle" enemy units. Basically allow a thorn to grow onto an enemy unit, this entangles the enemy unit turning it gray and making the unit unable to move or act until the unit is attacked by a friendly unit (freeing the unit), or destroyed by the bramble player. It still costs 1 wit, to entangle and then the vine that entangled can't spawn more vines that turn.

This puts a restriction on the vines so that you can't disable a whole bunch of units in one turn, only one entangled unit per vine per turn.

Only problem with this ability is that it would be a little bit awkward for the UI to display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 04:15 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
(01-05-2013 06:49 AM)Harti Wrote:  I'm also really curious. Never read a single word about that on the beta forums :O
My educated guess is that you can recede Thorns that are in your own way. Without having to uproot the Bramble itself.

This would make sense!

I had hoped however they'd take the "radar" away from the bombshell (ability to see where opponent units would be hit by splash).

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 09:02 PM by brayton.)
Radar is needed for bombshell. Other wise you would waste wits shooting, and cannot cover all area with the bombshell. Bombshell already is the most expensive to deploy. It would make it UP.

I think either the thorns(barriers) cost 2, have 2-3 health and -1 health per unit that attacks it. Plus the ability to recede thorns.

The ability to entangle units is OP.
or to add 1 health/armor to a unit that you entangle your self. Health/armor provided cannot be healed/buffed by a medic. A unit with bramble/thorn armor/enhancement cannot move. The armor cannot be removed by choice, only when attacked. This wouldnt make it too OP(only in 2v2).
This would allow heavies with a MAX BUFFED HEALTH/ARMOR of 6.
In 2v2 enhancing(add +1 to max health) masses of units, including bombshells, with the inly drawback of no movement. Bramble + bombshell = invinceble ranged splash damage(5 health/armor).
It would need one enhancement per turn to be balanced(or close to in 2v2)

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]