Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
01-06-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
(01-06-2013 09:05 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  There are ~80 Super-Titans at the moment. You can find the exact numbers on Outwitters Sports Network (go to the stickied Super-Titan Replay Discussion thread for a link or you can use google).

In that case, I feel confident in saying that 50-100 should be good number for Super Titan, if a 'Titan' league is included.

I agree with the rest of the post though. I got into Gifted and was like "Wow, so this is the halfway mark... lots of people know what they're doing here... odd."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Seeing that distribution is actually pretty encouraging to me, seeing how I've been hovering at a #7 Clever position. I figured that meant I was pretty bad compared to Gifted - S.Titan, but I guess I might be in the top 25% Smile

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
It's encouraging now that you've seen it, but the problem is that this info isn't readily available in the game so many people probably don't know. As a result, they're more likely to be discouraged. Your case is a good example. You thought you were rated more poorly than you actually are until you saw this distribution.
01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
In SC, they put you into Bronze, Silver, etc. league based on your play. I think your APM is a big part of that (if they see you in your placement matches moving around the mouse and hotkeys like a computer, then you get assigned to a higher league).

Outwitters I think does it like chess, which finds your natural ranking through lots of games. And maybe that’s the naming system Outwitters should use – a 4 digit rating, rather than leagues.

But I think that’s the discussion to have. Not about redistributing the people amongst the different leagues based on different percentages.
SC and Outwitters are far different, and the ranking they can use is different as a result.
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I wouldnt be as motivated if it was just a four digit number! I love the way it is now and don't want a change!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
I personally think that the Outwitters system needs to be changed to become a lot more clear.

Copying and pasting this from the first post...

Elite Leagues
Top 50 Super-Titan Super-Titan
5% [Image: GSD1c.png] Titan

Standard Leagues
20% Master League Master
25% Gifted League Gifted
25% Clever League Clever
25% Fluffy League Fluffy

This is really how the leagues should be structured, in my opinion - a fairly even distribution rather then smashing the bottom 80% into two leagues. I also think that the Super Titan should replace the "Top 200". It'd be different if the Super Titan league had over 200 people but, really, there's how many people in Super Titan...? Wasn't it 80-something? I say add a Titan league to be the top 5% and then replace the current "Top 200" with "The Super-Titans", which would just be the top 50 players.

Also, the rating system needs a change. It's very confusing to new players what all the points and numbers mean and often they don't make sense. The game should track everything via the ELO system. It's extremely simple and incredibly accurate, for 1v1 play. It's fairly simple to adopt this system to support 2v2 as well, whether you want to track each team composition with a separate rating or just give player's a single rating that follows them through all playlists and allows for games that are always fair and balanced.

Aside from the ELO bit, the divisions need to be different and adopt the StarCraft 2 system. Basically, by comparing the ELO ratings, a map is either "Equal", "Slightly Favored", "Favored", or "Heavily Favored". This determines how many points you gain/lose when you win/lose. Also, when you don't complete games for awhile, you build "Bonus Pool". This prevents people from just maxing out their games in order to get more points and get ranked higher on the ladder. If you don't play a lot, the games you do win will count for more to balance it out. These points should have no effect on when you move up in Leagues - just the ladder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't mind that and I like the Titan idea!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

01-24-2013, 05:38 AM
I always thought that the league you're in was decided by if you skilled enough to be a certain league, not by world rank. If very little are super titan, that means not many people are skilled enough to meet the requirements for being in super titan league right? I do like the titan league idea though.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree with the Pyramid layout, with F league 35% etc... with ST as top 100 players. I'm near the top of my division in Clever, Fluffy was always a pretty degrading name.
Who do we talk to to get this implemented?!
01-27-2013, 10:26 AM
There should be an "In Training" tier before Fluffy for people with less than 10 league wins because when you're a Fluffy, you sometimes play against people that don't know how to spawn units or don't know that medics aren't for attacking or just go straight to your base ignoring wit spaces and uses their runner to attack 5 HP heavy instead the of 1 HP sniper right next to it or even not submit their turn. If they won 15 times then they already know what they're doing and the game can put them in a real tier.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…