Reaper
Thorn Gulley
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What is your strongest 1v1 map?
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: What is your strongest 1v1 map?
I'm really good at long 9. I can't remember the last time I lost there, although Gfich would prolly smoke me at it lol

1v1: Gifted League
2v2 #140 with liner15
May the ninja frog be with you....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I chose reaper and I'm a feedback player.
I hadn't lost on reaper yet and I've faced the adorables twice on it (and yes they did try to rush).

I also like glitch even though it's probably more of a bomshell map. Guess I just like small maps because I go for an early scrambler win usually.
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:55 AM by connor34911.)
(01-03-2013 02:52 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Interesting that a plurality of people chose Reaper. I wonder if this is because they know the mobi rush gimmick? Reaper is a weird choice since it is such a different level.

Yeah I play adorables and chose reaper. The rush is actually played out...a lot of people know the counter. But regardless it's still works to pull a mid game attack using a mobi on the spawn side. You just have to bring a little more firepower.
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I said long nine. The ability to build up an army and force through 5 damage in a turn with mobi is just amazing.
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I don't know if it's my strongest map but it's my favorite to play so I chose Reaper too. Games there are a lot more chess-like and fun in my opinion, where you consider trades and get a huge advantage when you can kill a unit without losing one.
01-03-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:38 PM by Necrocat219.)
I chose thorn gulley even though it's somewhat similiar style to Sweetie plains doesn't appeal to me usuall, however the momentous pace of units on that map always feel epic to me and unlike all the other 2-spawn maps every spawn always counts as much as on 1 spawn maps with how far apart they are. I've even made the stategic decision to move my medic to the oher side of the map for 3 wits to get a slight edge on my opponent! Also the scrambler and sniper together offer a nice amount of control over the wit spaces, with room to change where you attack.

Second favourite is glitch, even in it's choke-point nature Scramblers can usually get into an effective position before the bombshell making bombshell rushing not too effective. The best games are those that both players make intense trades and are left with imcomparable positions, leavin it up to who can navigate the fog the best and truly outwit the opponent.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-04-2013, 12:23 AM
I usually spawn a second medic...

01-04-2013, 02:13 AM
(01-04-2013 12:23 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I usually spawn a second medic...

I think he's saying he moved the medic to gain a numbers advantage, even though its wit costly. Then he can still spawn fighting units at the spawn.
01-04-2013, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 02:35 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Long Nine for sure. I never lose in this map (except when my opponent is really good), and I think that managing the bottom and the top of the map at the same time is something extremely thrilling, which makes it the most interesting map of outwitters imo (with reaper) Big Grin Feedback are very dangerous if well used there.

(No one voted for foundry, why doesn't it surprise me? Tongue)

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Allow me to add to the Thorn Gulley voices. I always feel comfortable playing on that level; I understand the lines of attack well and as Adorables I am typically more mobile than my opponent.

Super-Titan