Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice taunts me when I lose a game?
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: Voice taunts me when I lose a game?
Yes, perhaps the reason it took me this long to hear the voice is because I do not lose often. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
(01-02-2013 10:20 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 10:13 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I've played this game so much for months and this is the first time I notice? Sheesh.

But yes, usually phone is on silent.

The little "YOU LOSE!!!" voice has been around since the game launched. It's mostly used as the notification noise, which explains why you never heard it until you coincidentally lost a game while in the app.

My discovery of this noise, however, was not so lucky. I had my iPhone connected to my car's stereo system with my family in the car, blaring Journey at a high volume, when suddenly the music cut out, and my car screamed, "YOU LOSE!!!", revealing my shame to everyone.
I can top that one. I had the same thing happen to me, but in the middle of a business meeting. Definitely top 3 most embarrassing moments in my life. I also hate when I'm just ready to fall asleep only to get shocked back to a waking state by that obnoxious, "You Lose!". If they're gonna keep it we should at least get a better win notification. The horns are weak and they are too similar to the GameCenter friend request notification. Many times I've thought I secured a victory, only to find it was just a friend request.
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
@worldfamous: That's so embarrassing!
I used to wake up all the time from notifications until I found "Do not Disturb"!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I got a separate volume for my notifications and system sounds, as compared to my volume from apps etc. :/ That might help Tongue
01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
YOU LOSE!!
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Once I went looking for practise against p1noyboy1 and of course I lost: he was #1 then and the voice literally made me jump a foot in the air (was reading a book then) I think it has something to do with some people playing on an iPhone and others on iPad or iPod because I have only heard it twice. Or maybe you have to set it up?