Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
I definitely agree that the ones that organize should follow through. It's an annoying waste of time otherwise.

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM
(01-01-2013 04:02 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Gfich, you are the organizer of 40% of those tournaments! Clash of the races, OML clan tournament, super-duper-titan tournament, and 2v2 random open. This coming from you is pretty ironic!

That said, I agree that there are too many tournaments.

LMAO!
01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
The main difficulty arrising from heeps of tornaments is keeping track of them. In game support would make it easier, but so much work for the devs. We could just try a mailing list/website(or use mailing list with forums) with login to access all tornaments. This wouldnt be that hard for some people in the forum/fan community that have tech know-how. Email easy, web account epic.
Curse you vbullitin for lack of features.

Though there shouldnt be a limit to small fun ones with 8-16 games. Thatd be overkill moderation.
But it needs to follow thru

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
(01-01-2013 07:49 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  When mine is complete, would it be a bother if I started up a veggie only one?

I'd like that.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
(01-01-2013 07:00 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I always thought of Gfich as the head tournament coordinator (he calls himself the Judge after all).

Gfich... when are you gonna put on the logo!?

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 07:16 PM by Eijolend.)
(01-01-2013 03:26 PM)brayton Wrote:  The main difficulty arrising from heeps of tornaments is keeping track of them.
How about a tournament list thread, just like the clan list thread, that details all the tournaments and links to the tournament threads. Maybe a short description who's allowed to participate (clan/individuals, league restrictions) and if it's in signups (max. X slots) or already started (if so a short status update like "currently in round 4").

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
(01-01-2013 04:54 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 07:00 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I always thought of Gfich as the head tournament coordinator (he calls himself the Judge after all).

I lost it Blush

01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I think a tournament forum only moderator would be a decent idea. Unlike The main forum where if a thread isn't popular it goes onto the next page there aren't many threads being created, clogging it up. A tournament forum moderator good to an 'activity check' now and then - pming the organiser of the tournaments, and can post on their respective thread that they are locking their thread due to it being inactive and locking it which would stop those topics jumping to the top now and then. I'm sure there are other positives that could come from this too.

*cough* Gfich *cough*

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
(01-01-2013 11:07 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think a tournament forum only moderator would be a decent idea. Unlike The main forum where if a thread isn't popular it goes onto the next page there aren't many threads being created, clogging it up. A tournament forum moderator good to an 'activity check' now and then - pming the organiser of the tournaments, and can post on their respective thread that they are locking their thread due to it being inactive and locking it which would stop those topics jumping to the top now and then. I'm sure there are other positives that could come from this too.

*cough* Gfich *cough*

i like the idea. go gfich! why dont you suggest this to adam. Tongue

to those who like organizing tournaments.
as a clan leader, i would like to see a tournament where only clan members can participate. (to encourage people to join clans)
maybe set a limit on how many members from each clan can participate.
like 5-7 people per clan.
then they are seeded, arranged (i dont know whats it called) in a way that clan mates will only meet in later rounds. if the clan is able to wipeout all the participants from the other clans then that clan is declared as the tournament champion.

this is just an idea. i have no mechanics on how this would work. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-02-2013, 01:03 AM
(01-01-2013 08:11 PM)Gfich Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 04:54 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  

I lost it Blush

Oh well. I found it again Shy

[Image: attachment.php?aid=151]