Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
01-01-2013, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 04:13 AM by Gf!sh.)
Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
Now, i really like tournaments, but i think there's one thing.

Take a look at the amount of tournaments currently running:

1. OWSA
  2. Super Scrambler tourney
  3. College b-ball
  4. The world cup
  5. Fluffy League-Gifted League tourney
  6. Clash of the races
  7. Oml clan tourney
  8. Super-Duper-Titan tourney
  9. 2v2 random open
  10. Melodramatic Mini Mobi tourney

In my opinion, that's simply WAY too much. Also, i see more complete noobs to the forums, simply starting tourneys at random. It feels a bit... awkward, sometimes producing complete hoaxes.

Now, i have to nom, and i can't finish this statement properly, but please tell me what you think!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
I agree that's way too much. Maybe we could have a tournament starting committee that starts a different tourney every few weeks but only they could start tourneys and people could give them ideas for tourneys. Just a thought....

1v1: Gifted League
2v2 #140 with liner15
May the ninja frog be with you....
01-01-2013, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 04:02 AM by GreatGonzales.)
Gfich, you are the organizer of 40% of those tournaments! Clash of the races, OML clan tournament, super-duper-titan tournament, and 2v2 random open. This coming from you is pretty ironic!

That said, I agree that there are too many tournaments.
01-01-2013, 04:48 AM
My big issue is that tournaments take so long to start and finish. Lets say you've been playing Outwitters for a while, are just now getting into the forums. It'd be pretty lame if you had to wait several months or so for all these tourneys to end just so you could participate in one.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-01-2013, 05:52 AM
(01-01-2013 04:02 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Gfich, you are the organizer of 40% of those tournaments! Clash of the races, OML clan tournament, super-duper-titan tournament, and 2v2 random open. This coming from you is pretty ironic!

That said, I agree that there are too many tournaments.

Hahaha, you beat me to it.
01-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Now, something that's on my wishlist for a long time: in-game tournament support.

A 'crew' of forum members can make tournaments when the community asks for them, can edit pretty much any settings (participants, format, time limits?), and people can sign up with a single press of a button (also a few spots to be manually signed up on the fora, i want to give active forum members a decent chance at participating). When the tournament starts, a match list will be provided, so everyone can start their matches with another press of a button.

Of course this is just a concept, so feel free to comment!

01-01-2013, 07:00 AM
I always thought of Gfich as the head tournament coordinator (he calls himself the Judge after all). There obviously isn't enough players to populate our large amount of tournaments right now, but I'd simply let the not working ones die out. It's not effectively hurting anyone right now, is it?

In game tournament support sounds cool, but first I'd like to see in game clan support, and before that happens I'd like to see more teams and maps! So it looks like we have a long way to go Big Grin

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Who cares how many there are as long as the coordinators are keeping their tourneys in order..
01-01-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-01-2013 07:13 AM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  Who cares how many there are as long as the coordinators are keeping their tourneys in order..

That's my second point. I seem to have trouble trusting a random guy that his tournament will run properly. The 'hardcore' tournament seems pretty dead (the organizer hasn't visited in almost 2 weeks now), and there are two tournaments of Fluffysox, while he's missing since November...

01-01-2013, 07:49 AM
When mine is complete, would it be a bother if I started up a veggie only one?

GC: Great Wolf Sif