Poll: Should we change the default race?
Change to Adorables
Change to Veggienauts
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Suggesto] Change default race to Adorables or Veggienauts
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM
[Suggesto] Change default race to Adorables or Veggienauts
HEY GUYS.

Here is a problem with Scallywags as default race:

#1 Bombshell is more expensive than other specials.
#2 Bombshell needs a lot of support to use effectively.
#3 Bombshell is turtley.
#4 Bombshell is not exciting to use.

#1 and #2 means that newbies will not tend to use it, or use it and it quickly gets killed. #3 means that games are boring, which is bad experience for newbies. #4 means that games are not flashy and awesome, which is bad experience for newbies.

Therefore, I think changing it to Adorables or Veggienauts would be better. Do you guys agree with this beneficial change?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: [Suggesto] Change default race to Adorables or Veggienauts
I think that the Veggienauts promote semi-aggressive to defensive play and can be used comfortably in either role rather than the highly defensive Scallywags. Therefore if a change were to be executed then Veggienauts would be my preferred race to see the switch too

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 12:11 PM by GoHeat 3.)
I don't really think it is an issue because I don't even think noobs spawn specials regardless of which one it is, let alone know how to use them!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 12:45 PM by daHsu.)
I agree with OP actually... mostly because when I see my opponent using any of the other 3 races, I think "Score!" and when I see my opponent using scallywags, I freak out a little. I don't use them, but bombshells scare me the most.

On the vote thing, you should add an option to leave as is though!

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
(12-31-2012 12:09 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I don't really think it is an issue because I don't even think noobs spawn specials regardless of which one it is, let alone know how to use them!

I think you hit the nail on the head. For my first couple weeks playing I thought the specials were priced too high and impossible to spawn.
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah newbies do not spawn special. I've actually been playing random friendlies and spawning super early specials in order to show newbies that it can be done. With that said, I think it's a great idea to change the free team. Perhaps some players will miss the fish team and be willing to pay for them?
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 01:01 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
The bombshell is the most direct in terms of use - it simply deals damage. AoE damage at that, but it is straightforward and easy to grasp. Mobi and Bramble are less direct, but potentially more powerful in use. If newer players fail to utilise the Mobi or Bramble properly, then they will complain of them being too useless. And there are many players who have already paid for either the Veggienauts or Adorables, and they wouldn't be too happy either.

Veggienauts are also a new team and source of profit (something new, buy it Tongue) and making it free would be quite the economic downfall.
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
You should add the option to leave it the same.
12-31-2012, 08:13 PM
(12-31-2012 02:38 PM)game_taker Wrote:  You should add the option to leave it the same.

Seconded

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-01-2013, 01:32 AM
(12-31-2012 08:13 PM)spacechef Wrote:  
(12-31-2012 02:38 PM)game_taker Wrote:  You should add the option to leave it the same.

Seconded

Thirded

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.