Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
*Discussion* Choosing Teams AFTER Map Selection
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Star *Discussion* Choosing Teams AFTER Map Selection
I'm aware that this idea will be a little controversial, but that's part of the fun. Hypothetically, I think there would be an interesting change in gameplay if players were able to see the map they were going to play before choosing a team to compete with. I think we all agree that certain teams are better on specific maps; what if you had to be a master of all specials to truly excel in any given situation? There's still a bit of randomness involved when a player specializes in using one team. How do you think this would change strategy, for better or worse?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: *Discussion* Choosing Teams AFTER Map Selection
(12-31-2012 10:10 AM)incidesi Wrote:  I'm aware that this idea will be a little controversial, but that's part of the fun. Hypothetically, I think there would be an interesting change in gameplay if players were able to see the map they were going to play before choosing a team to compete with. I think we all agree that certain teams are better on specific maps; what if you had to be a master of all specials to truly excel in any given situation? There's still a bit of randomness involved when a player specializes in using one team. How do you think this would change strategy, for better or worse?

No.
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
^Agreed

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Good discussion so far.
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
No. Gives unfair advantages

iPro
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Well it would be nice, since every time im adorables its glitch, every time im vegenauts its sweetie plains and whenever in scallywags im either long nine, foundry or reaper. Scallys ok at reaper, but not mobi strength.

However this randomness is fine since the teams are so bakanced, having most units the same allows you to function using those. Not like uniwar where each unit is different in movement, attack, defense, terrain and what other units it can attack, so some maps are crippling to different races.
It has some randomness, but compare to, say HA, where avaliable units are random.
You can function without specials

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
It would allow players to basically tailor their games to whatever they wanted to always have the best possible situation for themselves, which would basically amount to S vs S on peekaboo or A vs A on reaper at almost all times. I think, and general consensus tends to agree that this would result in stagnation within the community.
Therefore, despite the initial benefits implied with this change, the overall effect would be more detrimental than beneficial.
Judment

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 12:55 PM by worldfamous.)
(12-31-2012 11:36 AM)incidesi Wrote:  Good discussion so far.

LMAO!!!
In 2v2 players 3 and 4 get to choose which team they are after seeing which map they're playing.
12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
For a moment consider the non-paying players. They would be limited to Scallywags (which is a really good team, mind you), and other players would have a huge advantage on some maps.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?