Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Reaper Rush Defense - Brought to you by iPro
01-05-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: Reaper Rush Defense - Brought to you by iPro
Yup, I agree. I had already started that match before our matchup and following skirmish, and that was before I realized the significance of bringing the runner back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 02:16 AM
RE: Reaper Rush Defense - Brought to you by iPro
(01-04-2013 05:34 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 02:00 PM)wonderpug Wrote:  Although I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the iPro Reaper Defense, even my awkward uses of it seem to be giving me more of a fighting chance.

Here I did a Hail Mary counter-mobi that I'm pretty proud of:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9_-pAgw

On Turn 4, I feel like you should always bring your Runner back. On Turn 6, the Runner could have taken out the Sniper that your Soldier jumped into. The rush changes a lot when your opponent isn't able to safely drop a Sniper into the corner.

"Always" is a pretty strong word.

Here's what I think are the basics to the defense:
* Bring out a medic on turn 2 or 4. Your soldiers need the health so that they aren't taken out in a single shot from a sniper. Healing runners and snipers are also useful in the presence of rushing runners.
* Take a runner to the bonus, but then make him useful in defending the rush on the heavy side. Usually that means pulling him back to the middle, but I think it can also mean attacking a runner within range (like wonderpug) that would normally be used in the rush. Taking out a runner can be just as useful as taking out a sniper since they both are needed to take out a 4hp unit.
* Make your sniper useful in the defense of your heavy side and the middle. You still might keep him within range (with one move) of your bonus just in case a runner or even the heavy lands on it. Even if your sniper is taken out by a runner it still may be OK because you can bring out another sniper probably in a better position (closer to heavy) and kill the runner.
* Unit count is extremely important, so don't get behind and try to get ahead. For every attack or defense, make this a priority even if it doesn't seem like an even trade in terms of wit value. Like other 1 spawn maps, I think unit count is more important than wit efficiency. But, don't get lazy on wit efficiency either.

It is still an uphill battle. Expect multiple pushes toward your heavy, but be ready for a shift to the middle or to go on the offense.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply