Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Win loss record and in game leader boards
12-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Win loss record and in game leader boards
Are there any plans to implement these features? I feel like they would make the game much more satisfying to players like myself who enjoy a competitive atmosphere in games like this.

I see they do a top 200 on the forums, but having this accessible at all times in app would be nice. The win loss is a must have in my opinion.

I am new to this game and find it very enjoyable, but would need to have these features to be interested long term.

Any plans or news about them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Win loss record and in game leader boards
Bump any word on this
12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I believe the wins and losses were addressed in a previous post and the point was raised that your w/l ratio would end up being a disappointing feature. Basically to keep you evenly matched, the game is going to try to keep your win and loss record as close as possible to a 1/1 ratio. Since you aren't likely to see that change much across your games it wouldn't be very encouraging.
12-27-2012, 04:29 PM
So they took a Starcraft 2 approach? I'm not sure I agree with that assessment. As you improve in your league, you should see an increase in ratio. When you play people out of your league or are moved up, you will be able to see the decrease.

I feel it is a much better way to track progress and provides an extra incentive for players to improve. Any competitive strategy game should have this, and I feel like not including it is holding an otherwise amazing game back a bit.
12-27-2012, 04:46 PM
(12-27-2012 04:29 PM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  So they took a Starcraft 2 approach? I'm not sure I agree with that assessment. As you improve in your league, you should see an increase in ratio. When you play people out of your league or are moved up, you will be able to see the decrease.

I feel it is a much better way to track progress and provides an extra incentive for players to improve. Any competitive strategy game should have this, and I feel like not including it is holding an otherwise amazing game back a bit.

if you want track your progress i think leagues will do.
as for the extra incentive you can try getting into the top 200 and find your way up

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Of course, but I still believe win loss is a must have, even if it is only visible to the corresponding player, or maybe only visible by everyone if the player is in the top league, like sc2.
12-28-2012, 05:36 AM
(12-27-2012 04:29 PM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  So they took a Starcraft 2 approach? I'm not sure I agree with that assessment. As you improve in your league, you should see an increase in ratio. When you play people out of your league or are moved up, you will be able to see the decrease.

Actually even Starcraft 2 realized that removing Win/Loss was a mistake and are re-adding it in the upcoming expansion (or at least had plans to last time I checked). At any rate, it was re-added for Super-Titan (Grandmaster) and Master (Master) extremely quickly. Why? Because even though Starcraft 2 tries to keep players at 50/50 just like Outwitters, the best players will have greater than a 50/50. Win/Loss is actually useful information for the highest League players or players who are rising rapidly in the ranks.

Suggestion: If OML doesn't want to add W/L then they could add a "rising star" symbol next to the ladder points of players who have a 75%+ record (exact threshold doesn't really matter, but just an example). This way you can see which non Super-Titan players are clearly nearing promotion and which Super-Titans are really at the top.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Exactly, above average players will still surpass 50%, and all player should be able to see their ratio to gauge their progress, whether visible to the public is another matter.

However, win loss being displayed for private use is a no-brainier in my opinion.
12-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Bump to discuss
12-29-2012, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 01:22 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-28-2012 08:03 AM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  Exactly, above average players will still surpass 50%, and all player should be able to see their ratio to gauge their progress, whether visible to the public is another matter.

However, win loss being displayed for private use is a no-brainier in my opinion.

i think leagues will be enough if you want to gauge your progress. if you get to masters or ST then there is the Top 200.

i wouldnt want to have the win loss cause yeah itll look good at the start
ex. 40-2
but once you settle on your proper league itll end up trying to balance your win rate to 50% by pairing you with people of similar skill. the record will end up unappealing to the eye and in no way motivating.

i also dont think your win loss can be an accurate gauge of your progress. atleast not until youve reached a ton of games. and by the time you finish a ton of games you probably more or less know where youre at
(just an opinion)

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*