Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug to lose a game more than once?
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Bug to lose a game more than once?
I'm pretty sure this has been happening since the launch of the game. We all know of the fail to submit bug and if you're lucky, or unlucky, enough to have it happen at a game ending move, it resubmits the win/loss over and over again. This happened to us a while back on a win. It only resubmitted about 3 or 4 times and I'm not positive it gave us the points but I'm pretty sure it did. I wonder if this is what happened to MrBanger and Alexjiang way back when they had some bug that game them a bunch of wins. If you guys see this, do you remember that happening? I'm surprised a bug like this has gone unchecked for so long. Adam and Alex, please fix it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2012, 04:03 AM
(12-24-2012 04:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this has been happening since the launch of the game. We all know of the fail to submit bug and if you're lucky, or unlucky, enough to have it happen at a game ending move, it resubmits the win/loss over and over again. This happened to us a while back on a win. It only resubmitted about 3 or 4 times and I'm not positive it gave us the points but I'm pretty sure it did. I wonder if this is what happened to MrBanger and Alexjiang way back when they had some bug that game them a bunch of wins. If you guys see this, do you remember that happening? I'm surprised a bug like this has gone unchecked for so long. Adam and Alex, please fix it!

I agree. Such an exploitable bug is almost a deal breaker for this game. Why put the effort in? I was knocking on the door to the next league.

Now? I'm now at half of my league points since I made this first post. I shot the guy a message; no response.

So in order for me to keep moving up the ranks, I have to win 2 games for every time this guy does this...
12-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Well, i agree it is a bug which should be corrected (and should be easy to correct as the system just needs to check if a win for a particular game has been counted already before counting it).

But i wouldn't go as far to call it exploitable as you need to have the submit turn problem exactly on the final turn which secures a win. You can't provoke this actively and it is a usual i g to try to resend when a turn doesn't go through.

You have all my sympathy and i would also be mad if this happens to me but it can only delay your moving up to a higher league or even a demotion but if you continue playing your usual strength you will make up soon and be back where you stand now. We all run the same risk getting into that position and this thread shows you are not alone.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
(12-28-2012 04:51 AM)Random Task Wrote:  Well, i agree it is a bug which should be corrected (and should be easy to correct as the system just needs to check if a win for a particular game has been counted already before counting it).

But i wouldn't go as far to call it exploitable as you need to have the submit turn problem exactly on the final turn which secures a win. You can't provoke this actively and it is a usual i g to try to resend when a turn doesn't go through.

You have all my sympathy and i would also be mad if this happens to me but it Mcan only delay your moving up to a higher league or even a demotion but if you continue playing your usual strength you will make up soon and be back where you stand now. We all run the same risk getting into that position and this thread shows you are not alone.

Sigh. I agree. It's just frustrating. It's like this kid is stealing from me. I don't play a lot due to work and other things. So to me, wins are important. I'm not a prodigy, so making it past gifted was exciting. Oh well... Season 3? Right?? Lol
12-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes, it's frustrating and your're not alone, it just happened to me, i gave up on a game and it subtracted the points, but it just shows it's my opponents turn now.

GC Name: s4mbita
Super-Titan
12-30-2012, 09:12 AM
(12-24-2012 04:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this has been happening since the launch of the game. We all know of the fail to submit bug and if you're lucky, or unlucky, enough to have it happen at a game ending move, it resubmits the win/loss over and over again. This happened to us a while back on a win. It only resubmitted about 3 or 4 times and I'm not positive it gave us the points but I'm pretty sure it did. I wonder if this is what happened to MrBanger and Alexjiang way back when they had some bug that game them a bunch of wins. If you guys see this, do you remember that happening? I'm surprised a bug like this has gone unchecked for so long. Adam and Alex, please fix it!

Nope didn't happen to us. We left our devices over night, the next day we racked up a bunch of points, then the next day, and the next. It eventually slowed down and stopped. Even if it was the submitting glitch, it would've been against josuecuervo and OneAlexLeft so.....

iPro Clan