Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Error
07-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Connection Error
I'm really liking this game - more than Hero Academy.

I tried to cancel a game where I've been waiting for more than an hour for my opponent to take his/her turn. But it seems that trying to cancel when it's not your turn results in a connection error followed by the message that you can't cancel because it's not your turn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Connection Error
Is the game still displaying "Waiting for player ..." or has an opponent been assigned to you?

If it displays "Waiting for player ...", then you should be able to cancel the game without consequences.
If an opponent has been matched, then yes, you can not forfeit when it is not your turn. However, your opponent will automatically forfeit the game after 7 days due to inactivity (I'm not 100% sure on the length, maybe Alex can clarify).

Also keep in mind, that your opponent could live in a totally different time zone than you and it might take a few hours for him/her to finish sleeping.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
It doesn't display 'waiting for player'. It shows in the Games screen as "Their turn". So I start the game anyway. In the game I click "Give up". and then a message asks if I really want to give up because it counts as a loss, I tap, yes. It sends the turn, then displays "Connection Error, it's not your turn".

So this effectively keeps me from getting rid of 'dead' games where the opponent never takes his/her turn.
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
THen just wait 7 days and they lose, unless you have ocd it shouldnt bother you
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
(07-05-2012 09:43 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  THen just wait 7 days and they lose, unless you have ocd it shouldnt bother you

Yes, the game doesn't have to be played it over the course of a few hours, but over days if need be. Don't worry if your opponent doesn't respond too soon, they might be on the other side of the world Tongue
07-05-2012, 10:37 AM
no problem, I was just seeing what would happen. I can wait.
07-05-2012, 11:16 AM
And if you wait long enough you'll get a win Big Grin maybe the first win in the ENTIRE OUTWITTERS HISTORYYYYY
07-05-2012, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 11:37 AM by Tokyo Dan.)
That can't happen because there are already at least two winners - the guys who beat me.
07-05-2012, 11:45 AM
oh ._. that sucks well good luck you get a head start on everyone in us D: