Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts Help
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Veggienauts Help
When Veggienauts came out I was very excited, but I just kept getting dominated my Scallywags and Adorables. Is there a trick to playing against them or will we have to wait for the "dialing back" of suck OML is talking about?

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: Veggienauts Help
I would think that you should play fairly aggressively, in order to make sure that they have no wits to spare to create a special. Or, watch out of the order you root brambles, make sure that a child blocks a parent so that your opponent would have to kill the child to reach the parent so therefore both wont be killed.
Well, idk much cus I don't play veggies, despite having uber pack. Mobi is, in my opinion, better than bramble.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-21-2013, 12:48 AM
id say(in my bad bramble play) that if i try to make bramble the game, like BS on glitch, early on as a primary weapon, it aint good.
id say it doesn't replace other units. use the other units, and when(turn5-10) buy bramble and start setting up. set up slowly, and you will dominate mid game.
the bramble is not a fighter, so don't expet it to kill. its there for a tremendous advantage to your reg units, not as a "kill them all, don't spare the children or the ponies" unit.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
01-21-2013, 02:43 AM
you have to set up your network of thorns behind your defences before you start using it offensively, otherwise the parent rule will wreck you. It is much better on wide open maps, where you can harass an undefended wit/spawn.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-21-2013, 06:46 AM
The basic idea with bramble is that you can kill one of your opponent's units and then protect your unit so they can't retaliate. Also, barriers can capture one of your opponent's wit spaces, and it will cost them at least 2, and often 3 wits to reclaim the space. Slowly you can build a unit and wit advantage, and overwhelm them to win. Here is a good replay on thorn gulley where I utilize both of these tactics, and completely overwhelm my opponent.
Veggies vs. Scallywags
However, their are some maps where bramble is useless, and you have to try to prevent your opponent from getting a special so you aren't at a disadvantage.
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks harvanold, I hadn't thought of it like that.

01-22-2013, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 09:30 AM by Alvendor.)
Think the strategy against scallywags and adorables is to wait for the veggie buff =)

Another point is that you can use the thorns to temporarily take away attacking units. If you have to create 2 thorns and the opponent can get past them my moving a soldier and attacking, that is wit neutral but temporarily keeping one of his soldiers occupied can be worth a lot.

Soldier spam FTW
01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
What's the point of two Brambles?

01-22-2013, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 09:48 AM by Alvendor.)
(01-22-2013 09:16 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  What's the point of two Brambles?

On glitch for example you cant really cover both sides of the map with one brambler. But still more a crazy/fun strategy than a serious one Smile

Soldier spam FTW
01-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Ok, I see.